Millard North High School
Open House - Thursday, August 24
Message from Principal Begley
We would like to invite you to our annual Open House this coming Thursday evening, August 24th from 6-8 PM. You will be following your student’s schedule during the evening. Please remember to access your Infinite Campus account and print a copy of the first semester schedule at home before you arrive on Thursday night. You may also use the Parent Portal to view the schedule. Mustang Booster Club (MBC) members, there will be a MBC meeting at 5:30 PM in the auditorium before Open House. Zero and 8th hour classes will meet beginning at 5:45 PM. Senior parents, please note, you will be meeting with Mr. Lundgren, 12th grade assistant principal, in the auditorium during Mustang Time from 7:20 to 7:30 PM to hear information about senior year events and activities. Finally, please take note of our comprehensive school calendar when planning trips at final exam times this year - see updated copy attached. Thank you.
Open House Bell Schedule 8-24-17
MBC 5:30 (Mustang Booster Club parents meet in the auditorium)
1st 6:00-6:15 (First 5 minutes for announcements)
MT 7:20-7:30 (Mustang Time Weekly Advisement Period)
7th 7:50-8:00 (Final 2 minutes for announcements)
MN Repeats as #1 High School In Nebraska
Our school year is off to a great start! Here are a few reminders about some of our procedures that help us run a safe and efficient school.
- Students are considered tardy if they arrive to school within the first ten minutes of class. After ten minutes, they are considered truant and will receive a consequence unless they are called out.
- All students who are absent must be called out the same day of the absence or they are considered truant. A parent/guardian cannot call the school to excuse a truancy from a previous school day. If a student is not called out on the day of their absence, the student will be assigned a 1-hour after school detention.
- Campus hours are 6:30am – 3:30pm. After 3:30, all students that are not involved with a sport or activity must exit the building. The only exception is if the student is in our After-School Study Center located in the Media Center.
- The After-School Study Center is open five days a week from 3:20-5:00pm. If students are not studying quietly, they will be told to leave the building.
- When students leave the After-School Study Center, they are not permitted to re-enter the building. They must exit out the west doors of the Media Center. Please plan ride pick-ups accordingly.
- You may have noticed orange cones going up around the school. The city of Omaha will be widening 144th st. The project will last the remainder of the school year and have significant impact on traffic flow around our building. Please plan accordingly and leave yourself plenty of time to get to school.