Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of February 8, 2016
Happy Black History Month!
- If the Panthers win the Super Bowl, plan on jeans with your black and blue on Monday!
- This week is bus driver appreciation week! Feel free to have your kids make cards or posters to tell the bus drivers thank you.
- Some of you may know Hilda Batts, the former principal at A T Allen Elementary School. She has been assigned as my mentor for the remainder of the year. She will be in and out of our building throughout the rest of the year meeting with me and possibly visiting your classrooms.
- Teacher of the Year ballots will be in your box on Monday. After you vote, please put your ballot in the box on Emily's desk before the end of the day Wednesday.
- We are in week 2 of the Pasta for Pennies collections. Make sure classroom boxes are labeled with your name and classroom.
- You might want to expect a fire drill towards the end of this week (but not Friday) later in the day.
- Summer STEM training will be June 20-23.
- The open house date for next school year has been set for August 25 from 4:30-6:00 for all elementary schools. The county requires all staff members to attend.
Steps to complete your mid-year PDP
Beth and/or I have sent emails letting you which one of us is completing you mid-year review. If you would like to meet with us to complete this please let us know. If you would like to complete it on your own please let us know once it's finished. Mid-year reviews need to be completed by Friday, February 19. Follow the steps below...
-Log into Powerschool.
-On the main navigation screen, click square with an arrow through it in the top right corner.
-When the next window appears, click on the North Carolina Education Effectiveness System (NCEES) link.
-From the top tool bar on the new screen, click on “My Evaluation” and scroll down to Professional Development Plan 2015-2016.
-Once you click on this link, you will scroll to PDP Mid Year Review.
-Click on PDP Details of the Mid Year Review. This is where you type in the information for your PDP.
-Click the New button at the top. Then, type in your evidence into the text boxes.
-When finished, click the save and exit button at the bottom of the screen. The button at the top will now show as green checkmark.
-At the top “send an email” box, change to mark complete.
-Your PDP mid-year review will show as a green check mark.
-Go the section “PDP teacher signature Mid-year Review” and add a comment if you’d like by clicking “new.” Otherwise, click the acknowledge button.
-The main screen will show as a yellow check mark. All the way to the right is check mark. Click that and it will now show green.
-HOORAY!! You are finished.
Better late than never!
Goodbye and Welcome
Mark your calendar
- 2/9- STEM PD at 3:15
- 2/12- Module 2 of Safe Schools due; Movie night
- 2/13- Regional science fair at UNCC
- 2/15- Make up snow day
- 2/16- SIT subcommittees at 3:15
- 2/19- Mid-year PDP review due
- 2/23-SIT Meeting at 3:15
- 2/25- Battle of the Books county competition
Grants and resources
- Have you looked into Donors Choose? If not it may be worth your while. Teachers all over the US get classroom projects and materials funded through this program.
- The 2016 Jimmie Johnson Foundation Champions Grant application process is now open. Details about the Champions Grant program, application guidelines and application materials can be found by visiting this website. The dealine for submitting applications is 6:00 pm on Wednesday May 11.
**I would love to help any of you with either or both of these. Please let me know if you're interested**