Southside Elementary News
Week of 10/4/2021
From Mrs. Morrow and Mrs. Fureigh
Impact Aid forms
Parent/Teacher Conferences and report cards
Early dismissal: 2 p.m.
Conferences: 2:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
***NO SCHOOL on October 22nd!***
Link to COVID Info - FAQs
Thank you for your help with this!
- Cabot Public Schools has taken measures to ensure that district issued Chromebooks are safe to use.
- The Chromebooks you received from the district are controlled by the Cabot Public Schools network.
- Once a student logs into the device, the district can track how it is being used, where it is located, and control what is being downloaded.
- GoGuardian has been installed on each Chromebook. This application restricts access to things on the internet that are inappropriate. Students will only be able to install approved software on their Chromebook. However, no filter will catch everything.
- Please continue to monitor your child's use with a Chromebook.
Monthly Birthday Celebration
Our day of celebration for October birthdays will be held on:
Friday, October 29th
We will not be celebrating with treats on any other day of the month. Please do not bring snacks to school on other days. We have very strict guidelines that allot only a certain amount of days to be able to have treats throughout the year. If you choose to send treats, please reach out to your child's teacher to discuss types of snacks to bring. Please drop treats off in the office and someone will take them down to the classroom. Parents will not be able to celebrate in the classroom. Thank you for your cooperation!
Important Upcoming Dates:
1: Homecoming - Dismissal - 2:00, Parade - 3:30
2: Custodian Appreciation Day
15: PAW Pride - Self-direct
20: Unity Day - More info to come!!
23-31: Red Ribbon Week - More info to come!!
29: PAW Pride - Self-direct
29: Classroom Birthday Celebration