Mendenhall Elementary School eNews
December 3, 2015
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
PACE Program Referral Information
PACE provides services for academically gifted and/or talented students in grades K-12 who have demonstrated the need for advanced, differentiated instruction. Students may be referred for the gifted program by teachers, parents, principals, counselors, or by the students themselves.
Referral packets need to be completed and returned to the gifted specialist at your child’s school by December 9, 2015 for program consideration . More information, including referral packets, can be found at: http://www.pisd.edu/parents/advanced.academics/gifted.pace/index.shtml. If you have any questions please contact PACE teacher, Kim Madden at email@example.com or 469-752-2660.
Secondary Transfers for 2016-2017
The Plano ISD Parent Portal is your key to staying connected and up-to-date on your child's progress. On Parent Portal, you can:
- View your child's grades and attendance
- Update your Emergency Form - phone numbers and emergency contacts
- Get a copy of your child's immunizations
Go to: www.pisd.edu
Click on: myPISD Parent Portal (on the right side of the screen under Popular Links)
You will need your email address and password you created at the Parent Information Fair.
Connect with Mendenhall
Click Here - Like Mendenhall on Facebook
Sign up to receive text message updates regarding important announcements from Mendenhall Elementary.
Text @mendeplano to 81010
Click Here - Follow @MendenhallHorns on Twitter
Be a Mendenhall Volunteer
Volunteer applications must be completed annually for anyone interested in volunteering in their child's classroom, going on field trips, participating in Field Day, or in numerous other capacities throughout the school year. Complete your volunteer application form today! Please click here: Volunteer Application Form