CLASS OF 2023
The 26th Graduating Class of West Senior High
Class of 2023 Graduation - Sunday, June 4th at 4:00pm
4:00 pm start @ Interlochen Arts Academy, Kresge Auditorium (4000 M-137, Interlochen, MI 49643)
Seniors should arrive by 2:30pm, gather at Giddings Concourse (give yourself plenty of time to park and walk in)
Interlochen is a drug free, tobacco free, alcohol free, weapon free campus (no tailgating please)
Please park in the designated areas. Vehicles that park on M-37 or in non-parking areas may be towed.
Seniors leave with their actual diploma
No tickets are required, families can bring as many guests as they wish
Interlochen no longer can offer shuttle service in the parking areas. Families can drop off family members with mobility issues just inside the entrance gate and then go to their parking spot.
The graduation will be streamed live at https://livestream.com/tcapslive/graduation
TCAPS Graduation Dress Code
Our TCAPS Board of Education approved additions to the graduation dress code on May 22nd, 2023. Here are some updated guidelines for graduation day:
Required attire: official cap, tassel, stole and gown. Formal attire is strongly recommended under graduation gown.
Allowable modifications: Graduates may modify their required graduation attire to acknowledge items of cultural, religious, or personal significance. Any modifications must be in line with TCAPS existing student appearance policy.
Honors Cords: The honors cords distributed by TCAPS based on academic accomplishments or service are listed in the graduation program. Graduates may wear honor cords they have earned from entities outside of TCAPS.
Senior Keepsakes & Wrap Up Items
TC Ticker article (June 4th, 2023)
E-mail email@example.com for WSH logo authorization for cakes and other graduation party items.
Programs and videos will be posted here: https://www.tcaps.net/programs/highschools/graduation/
Direct Link to the video of our 2023 Honors Convocation Ceremony: t.ly/LX8-
The graduation will be streamed live at https://livestream.com/tcapslive/graduation
Senior Class Whole Group Photo can be ordered at: https://vando.imagequix.com/g1000962957
Individual Senior Graduation Photos: Graduation Foto will take two professional photos of each Senior at Graduation. Use this link to get pre-registered and then, Graduation Foto will be emailing you with your Customer Login information in a few days after they process the photos from June 4th.
Transcripts Sent to Final College Choice: Final Transcripts will be sent at the end of June to each student's final college choice as they listed on their Senior Survey. Please e-mail Mrs. Jean ASAP if there is a change in where college that their final transcript should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org . Future transcript request can be made online via Parchment at: https://www.parchment.com/order/my-credentials/
Files: Please make sure you have backed up any data from your TCAPS account that you want to keep by 6/14/23.Google Takeout Documentation and application links have been added to your Cloud. Access to your TCAPS account/files is only guaranteed through 6/14/23.
Senior Information & 2nd Semester Dates
Jan 31 - Senior Class Meeting (Auditorium - Bring Chromebook)
March 1 - Local Scholarship Deadline (& Achievement of Excellence deadline)
April 18- Jostens Graduation Order Pick-Up (Athletic Commons)
April 25 - Senior Class Meeting (Auditorium)
April 26 - Senior Interview (LMC) Seniors are required to sign up for an appoint between 1pm-7pm
May 1-12 – Advanced Placement Testing
May 13 - Prom G.T. Resort – Governor’s Hall, 8:00 pm
May 22 - Last week of Classes for Seniors
May 23 - HONORS CONVOCATION, 6pm (invite only) - Details below
May 24 - Senior Yearbook Distribution in LMC during lunch
May 25 - Last required day for CTC Seniors that are on track for credit (May 26th can be used as a make up day)
May 26 - Final School Day for Seniors (Parents welcome to greet Seniors outside the school at 2:45pm). Seniors that are on campus this day need to be IN CLASS until the end of 6th hour. - Details below
May 31 (Wednesday) Graduation Rehearsal - REQUIRED (9am) & Senior Celebration Day - details below
June 4 Graduation Ceremony - 4:00 p.m. - details below
Graduation Rehearsal & Senior Celebration - Wednesday, May 31st (DONE)
Graduation Rehearsal is required for any Senior who is planning to participate in the Class of 2023 Graduation Ceremony. Rehearsal will take place at Interlochen Center for the Arts, Kresge Auditorium promptly at 9:00am. The Senior Celebration will take place following rehearsal. More information on this event is below
There will be a Senior Celebration hosted by parents and families on May 31st to honor all of you and your accomplishments completing High School. General information can be found below. For more specific details click here
On May 31st, immediately following graduation rehearsal you are invited to a breakfast buffet at Oaky's Tavern in Interlochen. There is no charge to you and there will be prizes given out for those that attend!
Then from 4p-8p you are invited to Incredible Mo's for food, games, dj's, photo booth, bowling, prizes and much more! All that attend will go home with prizes (think gift cards, dorm room necessities, tv's, and so much more!)
Tickets for Incredible Mo's:
Tickets for Incredible Mo's will go on sale Tuesday and Fridays before school and at lunch starting April 11th. Payment can be made with cash, check (payable to TC West Senior Class) or Venmo. All participants will be required to sign a Graduate Code of Conduct when paying or upon arrival at Incredible Mo's. Tickets will be $55 if purchased early and $65 at the door. (Financial Assistance is available - contact email@example.com for details)
Some great opportunities to donate to the Celebration:
Donations from businesses/trades - gift certificates, products, etc
Donations from parents, family, friends - gift certificates, monetary, physical items (think tv's, fire sticks, keurig, swiffers, etc)
Paypal and Venmo - money goes straight to the celebration to help with prizes and financial assistance
A portion of the money from yard sign & banner sales will be donated to the Senior Celebration
**If you want to volunteer or stay informed and you are not on our email list already, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you added to the email list right away!
Honors Convocation - Tuesday, May 23rd (done)
Direct Link to the video of our 2023 Honors Convocation Ceremony: t.ly/LX8-For Seniors that have received an invitation to Honors Convocation:
- Honors Convocation is an invite-only event. Invites will be sent the week of May 1st.
- We will have a rehearsal at the start of 2nd period on Monday, May 22nd. Please line up in the music wing hallway based on the sheets that are on the wall.
- Dress Code is Formal: Gown, no cap or stoll, dress shoes, collared shirt, Seniors may wear cords that have already received prior to Honors Convocation (various Honor Societies, blue service cord).
- Ceremony begins at 6:00pm, Seniors should line up by 5:30pm in the music wing.
- Honors Convocation takes place in the Auditorium and tickets are not required for parents and other guests. Seating will be limited, so please come early if you want a seat and please move to the middle of the rows so all seats can be used.
- The ceremony will be streamed live on TCAPS Media Live Stream Page https://livestream.com/tcapslive. An edited version of the ceremonies will be posted a few days after the ceremony at: https://www.tcaps.net/programs/highschools/
- Seniors will meet their families in the Commons after the ceremony. Families are welcome to take photos in the Commons or outside after the ceremony
- Honors Convocation routinely lasts more than two and half hours, so please plan appropriately.
- All Local Scholarships & the Achievement of Excellence recipient are announced at Honors Convocation.
- Magna & Summa Honors cords are distributed during Honors Convocation.
Seniors' Last Week & Seniors' Last Day (Week of May 22nd)
- By May 26th - Seniors must have all course work completed so final grades can be calculated for West classes, Career Tech Center and Virtual classes. Seniors are encouraged to avoid waiting until Friday to complete any final projects, etc.
- May 24th - 11:15am-1pm - Yearbook Distribution & Signing in the LMC (SENIORS ONLY)
- By May 26th - Return all school-owned materials (uniforms, textbooks, instruments, library books). This includes all TCAPS Chromebook computers and power supply cables. If you are done with your device early, you can turn it in early to miss the rush. Seniors that do not return all of their publicly owned items may not walk in the Graduation ceremony
- May 26th - Seniors' Last Day. This is a regular school day at West. Seniors are reminded that they need to complete any outstanding coursework on this day and not to disrupt the 1200 underclassmen that have regular classes that day. Seniors that are on campus this day need to be IN CLASS. Seniors are also reminded not to loiter in school parking lots over night or leave vehicles parked at school overnight. Seniors plan to have an assembly near the end of 5th hour (gym). Senior & parents are invited to join the Drumline at 2:45pm to march out on their last day (parents can meet in the Commons at 2:45). Seniors, please do not plan 'pranks' or engage in destruction of each other's property on this day. School rules and Michigan laws still apply on Senior's last day. Continue to be kind to those around you on your last day.
April 26th - Senior Interviews (DONE)
All WSH students must update their Educational Development Plans (EDPs) each year. EDPs are living documents developed by all students to identify career goals and related action plans in alignment with their changing interests and abilities.12th-grade students are required to complete a Senior Exit Interview to meet this requirement.
Senior Exit Interviews will take place on Wednesday, April 26, 2023, between 1:00 - 7:00 pm.
All seniors will sign-up for a 20-minute time slot in their ELA class at WSH. If you are an online student or do not have an ELA class at WSH, please contact Mrs. Meyers at email@example.com or your Counselor to sign up for your interview.
All seniors are required to complete an exit interview unless they attend CTC or have an IEP. Students with an IEP do not need to sign up for an exit interview as they meet this requirement by conducting their Student-Led IEP Meeting. Additionally, CTC students complete interviews and meet this requirement within their program at CTC.
If you know of any community members that might be interested in conducting interviews with our seniors, please share this Google Form with them.
Spring 2023 Testing Information for Seniors (DONE)
On Wednesday, April 12, WSH will run a special schedule for SAT and PSAT Testing (Grades 9-11th). Seniors will have a virtual, asynchronous learning opportunity shared to their student email on Wednesday, April 12. You do not need to report to WSH on Wednesday (4/12). However, Seniors that are enrolled at CTC will still need to attend their afternoon CTC classes. The bus from WSH will run at its normal time. Seniors that arrive on campus on Wednesday (4/12) will need to remain in the commons for a quiet study hall.
Normal classes will resume on Thursday, April 13 for all seniors.
Local Scholarship Application Open Through March 1st--(DONE)
Our local and regional scholarship application opened January 13, 2023 and will remain open until March 1, 2023. This is a great opportunity to apply to a variety of different scholarships in one application.
Every year these scholarships award over $70,000 to our students. The scholarships are from local businesses and community organizations that are dedicated to helping our students achieve their college and career goals.
Make time to fill out the application before the deadline to be considered for some of these scholarships. There are some scholarships that are not academic-based so if you feel you don’t qualify still fill out the application because there might be some that fit your career goals, activities, or volunteer efforts. Scholarship recipients are announced at Honors Convocation on May 23, 2023.
The application is through the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation.
Achievement of Excellence Award Applications & Portfolios are also Due March 1st: Achievement of Excellence Award and Application Criteria
Senior Information & 1st Semester Dates (DONE)
- Fall 2023 Senior Parent Meeting Slides
Oct 6 - Jostens/Graduation Orders
Oct 8 - Homecoming Dance 8-10pm
Oct 12 - Seniors work REMOTELY on post-secondary exploration (CTC, NMC as normal)
Oct 12 - NMC College Night
Oct 17 - Academic Communities Launch
Nov 7 - SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTO DEADLINE
*Jan 23 - End of 1st semester classes (includes virtual)
All Seniors will get an UNOFFICIAL transcript in their TCAPS e-mail once all final grades are posted (around Feb 2). OFFICIAL Transcripts can be ordered at https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/99237/account