November 8, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt families! A few reminders for the week:
• Winter Gear: Roosevelt Raccoons play outside when it's cold! Please spend some time making sure your children have what they need to be warm outside. When it's cooler than 45 degrees F, students need some type of coat and/or sweatshirt. When it reaches 32 degrees F or cooler, students MUST HAVE a coat and some type of covering for their head. Once snow arrives, students in grades K-3 need boots and snow pants. Students in grades 4 & 5 are strongly encouraged to have snow pants and boots, but we do not require it. Your help with this is needed, so thank you!
• Rocky Time: Today was our last lesson about RESPECT and saying OKAY and doing it right away. We read a book titled "What If Everybody Did That?" and watched a Kid President video about things people should say more often. Students have done an amazing job working on this difficult skill and practicing this, even when it's hard. Thank you for your support and continued reinforcement of this very important life skill! At Tuesday's celebration, we will introduce our next theme of PERSISTENCE & SELF-DETERMINATION.
• PTO Teacher Meals: Thank you so much for everyone that has volunteered to help with meals for teachers during conferences. If you would still like to volunteer in some way (food, beverage, cash donation, etc.), please contact Casey Kuderer using this email: email@example.com.
• Conference Sign-Up: If you have not yet signed up for a fall conference, please do this soon using this link. Conferences will be held November 13, 15 & 19. Child Watch will be available in the Media Center during conferences.
• From the Health Office: Heather Hedin, the school nurse, will be in the health office next week during conferences should anyone have any questions for her. If you still have health condition forms to fill out, she will be available to assist you in filling them out. Also, vision referral letters went out yesterday. If you have any questions regarding this, she is more than willing to talk to you about it and provide information about resources available.
• Save the date: The first Student Council Dress Up Day this year will be PJ Day on Monday, November 19. Have fun!
• The November PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 13 at 5:30 in the Roosevelt Media Center. Please come!!
Have a great weekend, Raccoons!!
First Student Council Meeting
Roosevelt's first student council meeting of the year was yesterday. They learned about what Student Council is and decided on the first dress up day of the year...PJ Day to be held on Monday, November 19.
Winter Weather Safety
Third grade students participated in the annual Winter Weather Safety presentation. Students got to see a few different types of vehicles used during the winter months.
Winter Weather Safety
Here's the classroom portion of the Winter Weather Safety program. Students learned how to be safe and they got to take home a Winter Weather Safety Bag to be stored in a vehicle in case of an emergency.