The Leadership Loop
Sept. 9, 2022
2022-2023 Intervention Guidance & Tools
- DCSI Job Description
- Campus Intervention Matrix
- Artifact Submission Guidance
- Targeted Improvement Plan (TIP) Rubric updated 8/18/22
- BOY TIP Submission Checklist updated 8/11/22
- Progress 1 TIP Submission Checklist
- Progress 2 TIP Submission Checklist
- EOY TIP Submission Checklist
- Intervention & Submission Calendar - ESF Diagnostic Completed updated 8/10/22
- Intervention & Submission Calendar - ESF Diagnostic Required updated 8/10/22
ESF Diagnostic Survey Coordinator Training
September 29, 2022 | 9:00am - 10:00am | Virtual
The purpose of this training is to provide campus survey coordinators with an overview of the diagnostic survey purpose and logistics for the Fall implementation.
If you are required to attend the principal name and DCSI name have been given to TEA and you will be sent info so be on the lookout.
2022-2023 Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant Application and Launch Webinar
The application for the 2022-2023 Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant is expected to open on September 13, 2022. This application will be posted in eGrants system. This grant is for Comprehensive/Title I campuses.
The Division of School Improvement hosted SIG Launch Webinar ahead of the grant
application posting to support LEAs in completing the application and answering questions for eligible LEAs.
The Division of School Improvement will post the SIG Launch Webinar recording as soon as possible to the TEA SI LEA Grants webpage:
ESF Focus Support Grant- VIP Change Request
Campuses/LEAs engaged in the ESF Focused Support Grant are allowed to change their VIP
capacity builder in year two (2022-2023) of the grant program.
The Campus/LEA must submit the VIP Change request form to track and collect information about the change.
Originally, this form was due on 6/17/2022, due to continued campus and LEA leadership
changes we will leave this form open until September 30th.
Academic Growth in 2023
2022 Accountability Appeals
The 2022 accountability rating appeals window closes on September 12, 2022. All districts and open-enrollment charter schools wishing to appeal their ratings(s) must submit an intent to appeal in TEAL and main an appeal packet by September 12, 2022, 5:00 pm CDT, to be considered. To learn more, please see Chapter 8 of the 2022 Accountability Manual.
-Appeals should be based on data errors attributable to the vendors or TEA.
-Distinction decisions cannot be appealed.
-Appeals of the Closing the Gaps domain will not affect federal identification (Comprehensive, Targeted, or Additional Targeted)
-Requests to waive school improvement requirements are not an appeal and will be denied.
Performance Reporting Calendar
September 12: Accountability rating appeals window closes in TEAL
Fall 2022: 2023 accountability system targets and cut points released
August 2023: Accountability ratings under the reset system released
Military Enlistment Data
Redesign of TELPAS
TEA released a New and Updated STAAR Redesign Resources TAA
New information in the TAA includes:
- Final 2022-23 Blueprints have been released. (There was no change from the preliminary blueprints that were previously posted.)
- The full-length practice tests (developed using the new blueprints and including new item types) have been re-posted on the Practice and Released Test site.
Scoring Guides for the Constructed Response Items, including rubrics and exemplars, will be available later this fall on the STAAR Redesign webpage.
We have announced the following due dates and webinars for our different cohorts:
- Cohort A-D
- September 12th from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Data Submission Office Hours
- October 11th from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Data Submission Office Hours
- October 20th submit data file to Texas Tech University (TTU) via the secure online portal (all errors should be addressed by Tuesday, October 25, 2022). Full directions available on our website.
- November 15th submit the designation fee ($500 per designated teacher) to TEA (fee form)
- Approved Districts A-E
- September 15th - District deadline to submit their STAAR Progress Measure Alternative (required only for districts using the STAAR Progress Measure for a student growth component)
- Cohort F
- September 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Overview of Teacher Observation and Student Growth Measures
- Please see full schedule for October and November training dates
Final Maximum Compressed Tax Rates (MCR) and Adoption of Tax Rate for Tax Year 2022
Competitive LOI Opportunity: National Board Candidacy Cohort Grant
New and Updated STAAR Redesign Resources
SB 788 (87R) Model Data Sharing Agreement
CCMR Credit for Military Enlistment, Beginning with 2023 Graduates
Validations of Fiscal Data Reported by LEAs for Federal Grants
2022–2023 Significant Expansion of Enrollment—Open-Enrollment Charter Schools Only
ESC 18 Support
- STAAR Redesign Materials for Teachers, District Option 1:
- Tuesday, September 27, 11:00AM – 12:00PM
Register in advance for this webinar:
- STAAR Redesign Materials for Teachers, District Option 2:
- Thursday, September 29, 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Register in advance for this webinar:
**The ESC will also be offering trainings over the redesign and materials soon**