Burleson Elementary News
January 21, 2021
80TH DAY OF SCHOOL
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Can you believe it? We just celebrated our 80th day of school in style! We had some wonderful 80's outfits and loads of spirit!
I have a few friendly reminders for you. It is imperative your students are in class by 7:45 am. If your child does not enter the building by 7:45, you must come inside to the elementary office and sign them in. We use all instructional minutes and class work begins at 7:45. If you child enters late, they are missing instruction. Five or more tardies results in Monday Makeup School. Also, please be sure your child is bringing a water bottle and mask to school everyday.
Everyone has been working so hard! Please praise and encourage the teachers! They deserve so much with their ability to maintain flexibility and student success throughout all the changes. We are blessed to attend school in such a positive and learner-centered place! (They love gift cards, treats, and Dr. Pepper!)
¿Puedes creerlo? ¡Acabamos de celebrar nuestro 80º día de clases con estilo! ¡Tuvimos algunos atuendos maravillosos de los 80 y mucho espíritu!
Tengo algunos recordatorios amistosos para ti. Es imperativo que sus estudiantes estén en clase a las 7:45 am. Si su hijo no entra al edificio antes de las 7:45, debe entrar a la oficina de la escuela primaria y registrar su entrada. Usamos todos los minutos de instrucción y el trabajo de clase comienza a las 7:45. Si su hijo llega tarde, le faltan instrucciones. Cinco o más tardanzas resultan en la escuela de recuperación de lunes. Además, asegúrese de que su hijo traiga una botella de agua y una máscara a la escuela todos los días.
¡Todos han estado trabajando tan duro! ¡Alabe y anime a los maestros! Se merecen mucho por su capacidad para mantener la flexibilidad y el éxito de los estudiantes durante todos los cambios. ¡Tenemos la suerte de asistir a la escuela en un lugar tan positivo y centrado en el alumno! (¡Les encantan las tarjetas de regalo, las golosinas y Dr. Pepper!)
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Gg
- Focus on number recognition up to number 19.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
Thank you for all your support. Mrs. A 😊
- Read, read, read at home! Fill out the reading logs.
- 50 word sight word test will be on January 29th. Please practice at home.
- Continue working on counting to 100 and counting backwards.
- Bring a water bottle, jacket, and library books to school every day.
Let me know if you need anything! Thank you for all you do :)
* Sight word test over purple words tomorrow.
* +7 math fact quiz tomorrow.
* The next spelling test will be next Friday. New spelling words will come home tomorrow.
* READ, READ, READ every night and come ready to AR test.
* Don't forget to being a water bottle, jacket, and library books to school every day.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
* -2 math facts quiz this Friday(tomorrow)..
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading every night and filling out the Home Reading Log. They are due every Friday.
We will continue to work hard each and everyday so that they are ready for third grade!
- In math we are finishing up using graphs to answer story problems and we are starting to learn about attributes that describe flat and solid figures.
- In Science we are starting to learn about natural resource we use everyday and how to conserve our natural resources.
- Practice math fact cards each night. There is no math fact homework this week. We will start back next week.
- Math fact test is on Friday!
In reading we will continue to study informational text. We will be examining author’s purpose, audience, genre characteristics, and author’s craft to develop a deeper understanding of this genre
In Social Studies we will be learning about variations in physical environment and discuss differences between renewable and nonrenewable resources.
Please remember to read each night and fill out Home Reading Logs. I collect those every Tuesday and pass new logs out the same day.
- This week we are continuing to work on analyzing paired reading passages and studying poetry ready for the next CBA which has been postponed until February!
- Ten new vocabulary words this week - test on Friday
- As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you are initialing your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
- In Social Studies we are continuing to learn about the Alamo and the fight for Texas Independence. We are also learning about some Texas Heroes like Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie!
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
Math and Science
- In Math were are learning about measurements, including converting from one unit of measure to another.
- In Science we have started a unit called “Changes to Land”, which includes weathering, erosion, and deposition.
- Study multiplication facts every night! We are converting measurements using multiplication and division. If a student does not know their multiplication facts then this will be extremely difficult! Ask you child if they have passed the fact tests through 12’s.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
- No Spelling, we are focusing on vocabulary in class
- READ READ READ
-Water bottles and masks are needed daily!
-Attendance is SOOOO important to successful learning, please have your children here on time daily and contact myself and the office if your student will be out.
-We just finished our fractions and have started working on classifying shapes.
-Please have your child practice multiplication math facts.
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
JANUARY LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.