Key Leaders of the Civil War
He was elected the 16th President of the United States in 1860. As soon as he got elected, more and more states started to secede from the Union. They were afraid that once he became president, he would try and abolish slavery. He wanted to keep the union together.
- Fort Sumter: Opening shots to the War
- Emancipation Proclamation: Was issued after the Battle of Antietam
- Gettysburg: the turning point of the war
- Appomattox: Location where Grant surrenders
- What did Abraham Lincoln believe the Union should be?
- What did General Davis soon become?
- What was Ulysses S. Grant commonly known for?
- Did Robert E. Lee oppose or agree with secession?
- What is Frederick Douglass known for?