Joining Band at Rucker Stewart!
Your Musical Adventure Awaits
What's this all about?
***Make sure to read all the way to the bottom to find out how to register!
Tell Me More About Band
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- Band is all about making great music with friends!
- No experience is required to join and is open to all 6th grade students
- Band class meets everyday AND you still get the option to experience the other related arts classes including PE, Art, Computers, and General Music. That means you get the best of both worlds!
- Band instrument rental is easy and affordable. In addition, we have scholarship instruments available! We never turn away students due to financial restraints. All are welcome!
- Band students can participate in sports, school clubs, STEM, Art Club, Academic Club and many other programs. Since band is a scheduled academic class during the day, a majority of our band members are involved in multiple activities!
- Other than a dedication to practice at home, there are only two after school performances during the 6th grade year
- Since band is a sequential learning course, you'll need to join in 6th grade in order to be a member. You can't wait until 7th or 8th grade to join as you will have missed out on all of the great foundational learning the first year.
About RSMS Band
Band is one of our fine arts electives offered here at RSMS. It is a year-long commitment, and the best way for a student to truly excel is to continue with band throughout middle school. Participation in band here is also excellent preparation for students who want to participate in the fantastic band program at Gallatin High School.
Being in middle school band leads to greater things!
One thing leads to another
Pride of the Green Wave Marching Band
Small Instrumental Ensembles
David Earl, Director of Bands
Mr. Earl currently performs with the dance band "Radio Daze" and works as a studio musician in Nashville.
Mr. Earl mar ried his high school sweetheart, Christy Jack son, and has three wonderful boys - Jonathan, Christopher, and Benjamin.
Shawn Mitterholzer, Assistant Director
Mr. Mitterholzer is currently on his 17th year in music education. From 2002-2013 he was the Band Director, and Choral Director for Macon County High School. In the fall of 2013 Mr. Mitterholzer became the Assistant Director with the Pride of the Green Wave.
Shawn Mitterholzer is an active saxophonist with Nashville's Radiodaze Big Band, and has performed with several other local bands in the Nashville area. He resides in Lebanon, TN. with his wife, daughter and son.