Druid Hills High School
Community Week at a Glance - 3/21
DHMS Rising 9th Grade Visits 3/22-3/24
3/29 On the Scene with Dr. Green 7pm Fernbank ES
- Alexandra Salivia: 2016 Teacher of the Year
- Lorenzo Sadler: 2016 Educational Support Person of the Year
- Carrie Helton: 2016 Rookie Teacher of the Year
Good news from the Hill!
- Please join us in welcoming Ms. Lanette Cole to Druid Hills. Ms. Cole will be working as a Special Education Paraprofessional.
- Congratulations to Ben Furman, 2016 Druid Hills High School STAR Student & Ms. Johnston, STAR Teacher.
- Congratulations to Peter Lee, who advanced to compete at nationals in Economics at the FBLA National Conference.
International Skills Diploma Seal Application
Druid Hills has been announced as one of sixty-three schools in Georgia (and the only DCSD school) authorized by the Department of Education to award the International Skills Diploma Seal.
The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to a select number graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
In order to receive the Seal, students must complete the following requirements:
- 3 credits of the same world language and/or ESOL
- At least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus
- Participation in activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g., exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad, International Night, Model UN, debate)
- Twenty hours of community service
- Completion of Senior Project, Capstone presentation/Extended essay
We will be holding a brief information meeting for eligible seniors Friday at 9:45 in the Media Center.
Student interested in receiving the Seal must complete an application and submit to Ms. Cunningham by Tuesday, April 12.
AP Test Payment
Payment deadline for the May 2016 AP Exams has been extended to March 25, 2016.
All DH students can take one exam for free. DH students on free and/or reduced lunch can take two exams for free.
The cost is $53 for students receiving free/reduced lunch and $93 for non-free/reduced lunch students.
Please direct students to speak with Mr. Alexander for payment or payment arrangements.
Track Updates - Roswell Relays
Congratulations to the track team for their RECORD BREAKING performance at the Roswell Relays! Key performances include:
- Airian Riddick: 1st-discus (broke school record 117ft 3inches)!
- Keaghan Peppers: 1st-100m (broke school record...again 12.34 sec.)!
- Javier Lee: 2nd-shot put
- Girls 4x100m relay: 2nd (Lyric Yarber, Keaghan Peppers, Aija Wall, Brayya Ross)
- Girls 4x400m relay: 2nd (Keaghan Peppers, Lyric Yarber, Aija Wall, Brayya Ross)
- Boys 4x1600m relay broke the school record (20:15.23)! (Ermais Tewolde, Carter Rathur, Harry Haber, Brendon Valentine)
- Boys Distance Medley Relay broke the school record (11.34.94)! (Carter Rathur, Antwan Yarbrough, Emmanuel Faria, Ermais Tewolde)
C-Team Baseball vs Stephenson @ DHMS 5:00p
JV Soccer @ Riverwood 5:30p/7:30
V Baseball @ Banneker 5:30pm
3/22/16 - 3/24/16 - 8th Grade visit AM
NJROTC Annual Inspection
Tutorials: 5th Period, Study Hall, ESOL
Senior Meetings 1:40 & 1:55pm
VB Lacrosse vs Marist @ DHHS
JV Baseball vs Decatur @DHMS 5:00p
GLISI Meeting 3:30pm (Petersen)
V Baseball vs Stephenson @ DHMS 5:30pm
Track JV County @ Godfrey/Panthersville 5:00p
Tennis vs Mays @ Dekalb Tennis Center 5:00p
JVB/JVG Soccer vs Chamblee @ DHMS 5:00pm
Parent/Teacher Conference 4:00p
V Soccer vs Clarkston @ Hallford Boys 5:30p/Girls 7:30p
VG Lacrosse vs Union Grove @ DHHS 5:30p/7:30p
JV Baseball vs Redan @ DHMS 5:30pm
International Skills Diploma Seal Meeting 9:45
JVB Soccer vs Clarkston @ DHMS 5:00p
V Baseball @ Creekside 5:00p
V Soccer vs MLK @ Avondale 5:30p/7:30p
Track V County Championships @ Godfrey/Panthersville Stadium
JV Baseball v Stephenson @ DHMS 12pm
V Baseball @ N. Atlanta 2:00p
VG Lacrosse @Lakeside-Evans 12noon
Cheerleading Banquet Top Golf 10:00a
3/28-3/31 9th Grade Transcript Talks
3/28-3/30 Hart's Senior Project Presentations3/29 On the Scene with Dr. Green 7pm Fernbank ES
3/30 DH Cluster Arts Festival 6pm DHMS
4/1/16 - 4/8/16 Spring Break