Mrs.Myers' Weekly Newsletter
Notes from Mrs.Myers
- Our winter celebration is set for December 20th, the Tuesday before winter break from 10:15-11:15. Mrs.Duffy and Mrs.Curtis have coordinated everything for our Holidays Around the World party! Please keep in contact with them if you have any questions about the party.The sign-up sheet for our potluck lunch is linked in the newsletter below. Scroll down to snag a spot for some yummy food contributions and feel free to join us for lunch! :)
- We are finishing up DA's this week! We have already completed science and language arts. Tomorrow, we will be completing the math DA, and Friday we will be completing the social studies DA.
- Any students missing assignments will be making them up this week! Please keep an eye out for review materials or schedules coming home!
- Weekly Updates: If you did not receive a weekly update last week, you will receive one this week! I've been meeting with each of the students to go over their progress in class as well, so my goal is to touch base with BOTH parents and students before the end of the week!
- Our Classroom Cookbook: Our classroom cookbook is JUST about ready! If you have any last minute recipes to send in, send them in no later than tomorrow! I can add up until tomorrow afternoon, and then we will begin production! It's very exciting and the kids are PUMPED to be selling them! Sell, sell, sell this week and try to have a rough-estimate ready for me by Friday so I have a good idea of how many to begin making. Order forms and money are due by Wednesday, December 21st! :)
We are nearing the end of the year and it is going to be here before we know it! Let's go out with a bang! :)
Coming Up This Week:
Topics We Are Covering
Writing: Informational Writing
Social Studies: Road to Revolution
Word Work: "inter"- between or among
Math: Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
Tests and Quizzes: WHEW!
- Reading Comprehension Assessment
- Reading Comprehension Assessment, continued
- Math DA
- Grammar Test
- Math Test
- Social Studies Daily Grade (Closed Notes)
- Graded Reading Response
- Social Studies DA
- Social Studies Test: Road to Revolution
- Word Work Daily Grade
- Spelling Daily Grade