Effective Vocabulary Instruction in all content areas
Goals: Collaboration focused on a scope and sequence of effective vocabulary instruction
"Vocabulary knowledge is the #1 predictor of long-term student achievement"- Louis Terman
- Identify the essential content and academic terms students must know for courses.
- Assist in vertical articulation- Introduction, Reinforcement, Mastery
- Research best practices, models, and resources for planning for direct instruction of vocabulary
1. Volunteers for Team Vocabulary- all departments with reps...2. 6 ED Hours for one meeting this summer:
- Firm up scope and sequence of vocab
- Create toolkit for instruction
3. 15-16 school year: PD time focused on sharing out with colleagues content specific ideas for effective vocab instruction.