We Are Family - April 4, 2022
I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing spring break. Although I didn't travel for break, I will admit that I enjoyed the vacation from the daily alarm clock!
This week, we will have a Used Uniform Sale in Zore Hall on Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. It is a great opportunity to pick up some shorts or larger tops for your growing child. The sale could use a few more volunteers to help out - please consider giving a couple hours of your time at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4dada623a1f94-spring
Next week is Holy Week where we, as Christians, remember the passion and death of our Savior. I would encourage you to join us for services on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter. Times for school services are listed in the upcoming events. Parish services are also listed below.
The April menu is attached.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- All-School Rosary via Zoom at 2:15 PM. Parents may join and pray with us at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77700227684?pwd=iF-wMwOwItO_5RSWAm8nyKB_rKY0_6.1
- 2:50 PM Release
We Are Family Shirts
Used Uniform Sale - Zore Hall, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Mass at 8:45 AM hosted by 6W. Livestream available on our YouTube Channel.
Way of the Cross immediately following mass led by Middle School
- Spiritwear tops with uniform pants or spirit wear bottoms
- Middle School to Leadership Camp at CYO Camp Rancho Framasa
Save the Dates
- April 9th: Parish Easter Egg Hunt 9 - 10:15 AM
- April 14th: Holy Thursday prayer service hosted by 5th grade at 9 AM
- April 15th: Good Friday Living Stations hosted by middle school at 10 AM with 1:20 PM dismissal (EDM available)
- April 18th: No school - Easter Monday
- April 23rd: Sparty Party Trivia Night
Spring Uniform Sale
"Are your kids growing like weeds? And have you started your spring cleaning? St Susanna is hosting a uniform sale on Wednesday, April 6th. Educational Apparel will be on site to sell new uniforms and we will host a used uniform sale as well!
If you are interested in consigning clothes that your kids have outgrown, we would gladly sell them! Our stock of used uniforms is running low, so we are accepting all gently used clothing.
If you just want to clean out those closets and donate the clothing, we will gladly sell them to raise much appreciated educational funds for St Susanna.
All clothing (both donations and consignment) must be at St Susanna by 8:00 am on Monday, April 4th. You may leave them in the vestibule.
To sell items:
- Items should be freshly laundered.
- Please tag your items with your name and price in order to receive payment.
- If you cannot drop off items during set up, please contact Kandi Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an early drop-off
- If you would like unsold clothing returned, please make note of that at drop-off.
- If you are selling uniforms, earnings MUST be picked up at7:30 pm on day of sale. Please mark each item with name and price, so we can track your earnings.
We also need volunteers to keep this sale running! If you can donate your time, please visit this Sign Up Genius:
Easter Egg Hunt
Celebrate Lent at Saint Susanna
IREAD and ILEARN Testing
IREAD is administered to third graders in Indiana to assess their reading skills. The test is made up of three sections and is administered via the computer over two or three school days. Our third graders will participate in this assessment on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings this week.
ILEARN is administered yearly to students in third through eighth grades. Every grade level is assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics. Fourth and sixth grades participate in a science assessment and fifth graders take a social studies assessment. Students will test several days for each subject area and testing is spread over a three week period. It is critically important that students are present each day. Please avoid scheduling appointments in the mornings during the test window.
ILEARN Testing Schedule
- Testing sessions will be held daily from 8:45 AM to 10:00 AM.
- April 19 - 21: Mathematics (3rd - 8th grades)
- April 25 - 29: English Language Arts (3rd - 8th grades)
- May 2 - 6: Science and Social Studies (4th - 6th grades)
- Login to your FACTS account.
- Click on "View Details" next to the heading Payment Plan and Billing.
- Click on "View Payment Summary" and ensure that you have the year 2021 in the drop down menu.
- Print this sheet. This will show totals paid per child and category and has our Federal Tax ID number on it.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.