NACP PARENTS IN THE KNOW
News From Our Principal Dr. Guerrero
Week 5 - September 18, 2020
Weekly Message from the Principal
We had our first virtual school-wide Student Assembly this morning! It was nice to see so many of our amazing students in one zoom meeting. We gave shout outs to all students in each grade level, we went over our NACP Core Values and Virtual Learning Rules, and we closed our assembly with a dance.
Our Grab and Go! Food Distribution times are working out a little better for parents. Anywhere from 160 to close to 200 meals are distributed each day. That's 4 to 5 times more meals finding their way into students tables each day. We hope this number continues to grow.
Thank you for stopping by!
Online Distance Learning
Ms. De Revere and I visited Online Distance Learning Zoom Classrooms this week. It was such a treat to see all students busy learning and engaged in lessons. Students sang, danced, solved math problems, and gave presentations. We have also been reviewing class assignments that have been submitted. Keep up the good work!
Remember to make an appointment before stopping by the school, we want to ensure everyone's safety by minimizing the number of people on campus and we also want to make sure someone is on campus to help you. Our office staff will be keeping an appointment book to help with the process.
- 360 Chromebooks are on back-order or delayed (we check for updates daily)
- A few more devices might come in this week, but we are not certain just how many or when they will arrive. Once they do, they will need to be inventoried, barcoded and enrolled into our system.
- NACP will inform families when the rest of the new Chromebooks are available for pick up and will schedule dates for families to come pick up additional devices and/or to exchange devices.
TECH SUPPORT POWERED BY BEEHIVELY
We have partnered with TechaBee, an educational technology company to support our technology program.
If your student is having trouble to log in, participate in online learning, or complete an assignment because of a technology hurdle, our support team is here to help!
Please feel free to contact email@example.com or (925)494-2101 up until 5:00pm if you need anything!
ART & MUSIC SUPPLIES FOR STUDENTS IN GRADES 2, 3, 4, AND 5 ONLY
NACP GRAB AND GO FOOD! NEW PICK-UP TIMES 9:00AM TO 12:00PM!
FOOD DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE
Mondays 9:00am to 12:00pm
You will receive breakfast and lunch for each of your children for Monday and Tuesday
Wednesdays 9:00am to 12:00pm
You will receive breakfast and lunch for each of your children for Wednesday and Thursday
Fridays 9:00am to 12:00pm
You will receive breakfast and lunch for each of your children for Friday
Please click on link below to see September's Breakfast and Lunch Menu
- Phone Messenger- "Phone Blasts"
- Remind Application (Please sign up with your child's classroom teacher or for the school's through the Parent Center)
- School Website: https://www.newacademycanoga.com
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- In person (if needed)
Please make sure we have your most up to date contact information including your address, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Inspirational Video of the Week
I hope this video inspires you top be a Mr. Jensen for all children in your life.
N.E.W. Academy Canoga Park
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
By phone or By Appointment Only
Please Call Ahead to Make an Appointment to See an Administrator
All Social Distancing Measures Must Be Followed
COFFEE WITH THE PRINCIPAL
Friday, Sep. 25th, 8:30-9:15am
This is an online event.
- NACP's Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
- Parent Leadership & Advocacy Workshop Opportunities through the Project2Inspire Program
- Information about School Site Council and ELAC and how you can nominate members to represent all parents
RSVPs are enabled for this event.