OAS PTA Newsletter
Sunday, September 19, 2021
Join the PTA!
Did you know the PTA funds student events, student enrichment programs, elementary & middle school assemblies, grants for teachers, school beautification and upgrades?? Your membership funds these great programs! Please join the PTA to help us make this year amazing for the OAS community.
Memberships can be purchased through our Memberhub link:
OR you can print & fill out the attached PDF form and drop it in our PTA lockbox outside the main OAS doors.
Looking To Get Involved?
EVENT CHARIS NEEDEDWe are looking for volunteers to help chair the following events:
1. Helping Hands Coordinator: This chairperson acts as a liaison to OAS families that need help in any way. Given that we have a number of OAS families impacted by Ida, this is a position we'd like to fill ASAP.
2. Picture Day Chair: We already have a main chairperson for 2021, but she will be stepping down after this year. We are looking for 1 or 2 people to help assist her this year, in the hopes that they take over the position for 2022. Picture day will be held on 9/24/21.
3. Reflections Art Program: Held in the fall, this chair will advertise and coordinate submissions of an annual PTA sponsored art competition
4. Scholastic Book Fair: Held in November, this chair will order materials, organize the schedule and advertise the Book Fair. Along with a team of volunteers they will set up & breakdown the fair and assist students in purchasing books.
5. Holiday Boutique: Held in December, this chair will purchase items to be included in the boutique, set up a classroom schedule, and advertise the sale. Along with a team of volunteers they will set up & clean up the sale.
OAS Picture Day is September 24th
BAS/OAS Fall 5K and Fun Run is Back!
Join us for the BAS/OAS Fall 5K and Fun Run on 10/17
Registration is now open at https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Cranford/BloomingdaleOrangeFall5K .
This year, for the first time, 5k runners can now have the option to participate in-person or virtually, from anywhere at any time! Register before 9/26 to guarantee a cotton t-shirt for fun run participants and technical shirts for 5k participants (in-person only).
Elementary Yearbook Grades 3-5 Only
We need your photos! Please send your full-size (high/original resolution) back to school photos to OASyearbook2022@gmail.com with the event, student names, and class/teacher of the students pictured. It will help ensure that we are able to include as many students in the yearbook as possible.
You can save 10% by purchasing your yearbook before September 20th!Go to www.treering.com/validate
Enter Orange Avenue School’s passcode: 1014977906143535
See Flyer Below
Middle School Yearbook Grades 6-8 Only
The Middle School yearbook is not run by the OAS PTA. However we will share the ordering information as it comes in. In the coming weeks, the student yearbook committee will begin working on this year's book. Any questions can be directed to the email below!
If you have any clear pictures of opening day, sport events, friend groups, etc.,
please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include grade and names of students in the subject line.
September 23rd: Back to School Night Elementary School (Virtual) 6:30pm
September 24th: Picture Day
October 1st: 6th Grade After School Ice Cream Social
October 6th: Back to School Night Middle School (Virtual) 6:30pm
October 14th: 4th/5th Grade Bike Rodeo
October 17th: BAS/OAS Fall 5K and Fun Run
October 29th: Trunk or Treat – OAS/BAS combined event 6:30pm