University of Washington - Bothell
Welcome back everyone! 2014 is here! Have a great first week!
Mandatory Hall Meetings Schedule
Tuesday 7pm: Aspen/Cottonwood
Wednesday 6pm: Campus VIew hall meeting (in Campus View)
Wednesday 8pm: Dogwood/Willow
Thursday 1pm: Hawthorne
Sunday (1/12/14) 6:30pm: Oak
Tuesday (1/14/14) 7pm: Spruce
Tuesday (1/14/14) 8pm: Pine
Important Safety Reminder
- Cross at designated crosswalks and intersections, making eye contact with drivers and removing ear buds before entering the street (including the bus loop on campus)
- Walk with others at night or call campus security for an escort if alone
- Don't walk and text/play on phone, much like driving a vehicle it is best to pay attention to other drivers on the road
- Stay within well lit areas while walking on and off campus so drivers can see you before entering the road
- Know the locations of blue lights along your routes in case of emergency
Resident Advisor & Orientation Leader Info Session:
Interested in being a student leader? Would you like to receive free housing next year? Then apply to be a Resident Advisor! The application is now available.
How to Apply: Complete this application by Friday, January 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM in order to be considered in the first round. Late applications may be considered.
You must attend one of the following information sessions in order for your application to be considered:
- Thursday, January 9, 7:45- 8:30 pm Husky Village Community Center
- Thursday, January 16th, 11-1pm UW1-103 *Get resume and interview tips from the career center to prepare for the selection process*
- Wednesday January 22nd 1-1:45 UW1-103
Volunteers Needed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service!!!
Saturday January 18th, 2014 from 8am to 1:30pm and lunch is provided.
This year the sites students can volunteer at include: Treads & Threads Clothing Drive, Bothell on the Hill (ASUWB), UWB and CCC Wetlands, Miracle League Bowling, Northshore Senior Center, Riverside East Retirement Village, 21 Acres, Workshop with Paul Markham, and Letters to Service Members.
To sign up simply RSVP at this link http://tinyurl.com/BothellMLK2014
o Over 50 million tourists a year visit Italy. Tourism is vital to Italy’s economy and provides nearly 63% of Italy’s national income.
o Horses have five highly developed senses: taste, touch, hearing, smell, and sight. They also have an enigmatic sixth sense, heightened perception, which is very rare in humans.
o The Citadel is a large mountaintop fortress located in northern Haiti. It is the largest fortress in the Western Hemisphere.
o A study of 60 beaches in Southern California revealed that water pollution is highest when tides ebb during the new and full moon.
o Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.