By: Josselyn Ramirez
10 Safety Tips On How To Survive
- Stop.Don't panic.Breathe deeply and make yourself think slowly.
- Look for shelter from wind,rain,snow,or sun depending upon weather.
- Conserve moisture.Avoid drinking anything with caffeine unless it's all you have
- If it's hot,Conserve body heat and fluids by taking it slow so you don't sweat.Or,if it's cold,make a leaf or a pine-needle bed to stay warm.
- Protect yourself-a long sharpened stick can be useful tool or weapon.In the same vein,a fire can provide protection.Most animals won't bother you,but it just takes one.
- Take an inventory and count everything; matches,coins(they can make an fish lure),candy,and any nearby food source-grub worms,berries,ants,fish-and all of it.Count it all.Even an old can may be handy.
- Take a moment to review the long-term problems coming at you-do you need more wood because it's going to be very cold or a more permanent shelter.
- Start thinking of getting help.Make a fire signal.Or make a large design on the ground that can be see by air.
- Don't listen to the fear side of your mind.Try to think of positive things.
- Amass wealth-get more wood,more leaves,more food,and more tools.You never have enough stuff.