The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of December 31, 2018
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans DUE
Wednesday, Jan. 2nd 2019 at 8am
- To Special Areas & BSI: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives or share questions, let me know!
New Year's/Holiday Faculty Brunch
Wednesday, Jan. 2nd 2019 at 7:30am
- Bring your appetite & your smiles to kick off 2019!
Bulldog Buddies Winter Pep Rally
Friday, Jan. 4th 2019 at 9-10am
- Specials will run on a 2-hour delay schedule so everyone can attend and so that no one will miss their prep.
Roleplay week will take place from 1/7-1/11. We will also have special themed "biscuit" days! Stay tuned for details!
- 1/7 - Double Biscuit Day
- 1/8 - Golden Biscuit Day
- 1/9 - GIANT Biscuit Day
- 1/10 - Flip Day
Star Student Luncheon
Friday, Jan. 4th 2019 at 11am-1pm
The Principal's POV...on the holidays!
I am so thankful to be working with each of you and I appreciate everything you do for our students, their families & the Glassboro community. Enjoy the extra time with your loved ones over the break, and I look forward to celebrating with you at our Holiday Brunch when we return in 2019!
News & Notes
Winter Break: Our custodial staff will be off all next week to celebrate the holidays. Therefore, we will not have access to the building.
Emergency Sub Plans: Please turn in your 2nd Trimester plans to Joan or Carol by Tuesday, Jan 8.
Bullock Garden: If anyone is interested in helping with our Junior Flower Show, please contact Sonya. All volunteers will receive a small stipend, courtesy of the Bullock Garden Project, Inc. and tickets to the Philadelphia Flower Show.
FUNdations Assessments: Please remember to send home copies of our FUNdations assessment/rubrics each week. This is a great way to keep parents in the loop.
New Year, New Possibilities!
Our kiddos are making their resolutions with Ms. Castro!
Words to Inspire...
SEL Parent Night
Our kiddos got to teach their parents some mindfulness on Wednesday night!
Words to Inspire...
Shout-outs from the Staff...BOOM!
- Nicole, thanks for being my Secret Santa elf!
- Happy New Year Bullock!
- Thank you Lynn for taking care of my class not once, but twice, when I was sick. You are such a kind, caring hall neighbor to have! I owe you!
- Alisa. Thanks for being a good and supportive friend. Thanks for all your kindness and for all you do for our students
- Thank you to my secret santa!!! I love all my gifts. Toni
- Thank you to everyone who donated to JPW! We were able to help 13 families and about 50 children!! They all received food, toys and clothing.
BOOM to Second Grade Team for a great luncheon. It was so nice to have everyone together before the holiday break.
BOOM-Happy Holidays to everyone and wishes for a wonderful New Year ahead! Love Katie & Michelle
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 12/24: Winter Break (12/24-1/1)
- 01/02: School Opens!
- 01/04: Winter Pep Rally Star Student Luncheon
- 01/07: Bulldog Buddy Week (Roleplays)
- 01/11: CAST Meetings & DIBELS/Comp Data DUE
- 01/14: PK-6 Bulldog Buddies/SEL Meeting (Bowe)
- 01/21: School Closed (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- 01/25: CAST Meetings
- 01/28: F&P Window OPENS & Gr1 Team Meeting
- 01/29: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 01/30: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 01/31: Special Areas Team Meeting
- 02/01: Star Student Luncheon