More than Just Directions
Customize Google Maps
Google is Everywhere!
- What do you like? Dislike?
- What kinds of media are included?
- Were there instructions on the map?
Include at least:
- three placemarkers
- two layers
- one image
- one link
- one video
- one "shape"
- Put placemarkers for your school, your home, your dream vacation spot.
- Put the vacation spot on a different layer.
- Add an image of your vacation spot.
- Add a link to your school website to your school placemarker.
- Add a video to put in the placemarker at your home.
- Create a shape around your home and school to show your "territory."
Set it to "Anyone with the link" "can edit."
Click the link below to share your map with the rest of the group and see what others are making.
Installing the Google Earth Plugin for Google Maps
Visit this site to download the plugin: https://www.google.com/earth/explore/products/plugin.html
Note: Click the button in the center of the page, not in the top right corner.
Follow the prompts to run the download. You might have to restart your browser to see the Earth imagery.
If you have trouble installing, check to see if your browser/operating system is compatible: Plug-in Requirements