Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
May 13, 2016
Mrs. Johnston's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsTJohnston
Upcoming Dates to Remember
May 17-26 Super Summer Book Exchange
May 20 - Field Day
May 21 - Geist 5K
May 26 - Last student day
Summer Book Exchange
Jammin' June Jogs
What: A weekly 1 mile Family Fun Run
Where: At Thorpe Creek Elementary
When: Every Wednesday in June starting June 8th-7:00 pm start time
How Much: Free- donations gladly accepted for the TCE scholarship fund
Who: Anyone is welcome
Questions: Please contact Emma Gabbard at email@example.com
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 6 Music
- Tuesday- Day 1 Art
- Wednesday- Day 2 PE
- Thursday- Day 3 Music
- Friday- Day 4 Art
School Wide Garden
- We will also begin working with Reader's Theatre.
- We have started partner book talks. The students have chosen a partner and a book and they are reading at their own pace and having conversations based on their book. I will be meeting with each of these partnerships as well as individuals.
- We will continue to do Daily 5 activities where students have the opportunity to read and write independently.
- Students will work on forming paragraphs when writing. We will look at mentor text for inspiration.
- Students will continue to write about topics of their choice.
- We will be writing on a website call storybird.com and continuing our writing at nightzookeeper.com. They can write on either of these websites at home! :)
The Genius Hour fun and excitement continues. The students LOVE this time of the week! If you can imagine it... you can explore it!! We continue to study topics of our choice during Genius Hour ...one of best times of the week! We are learning and growing so much during this time. Ask your child what they are exploring right now for Genius Hour!
In the works during our genius hour time...making stress ball, bouncy balls, and cake balls...electronics investigations, animal investigations, how to make a robot...and so much more! We are growing chefs, engineers, biologists, veterinarians, and most of all...question askers and answer finders! :)