Seven Hills Elementary News
A Home-School Connection
May 17, 2018
You're Invited to a Retirement Celebration Honoring Mrs. Fletcher:
In Appreciation of Our Volunteers:
You're Invited to a Retirement Celebration Honoring Lecia Green!
Seven Hills Students and Staff Will Attend the Speeding to Read Championship Assembly for Speeding to Read on Wednesday, May 23rd. Permission Slips Due This Friday!
Field Day is Friday, May 25!
Parent Volunteers Needed:
K, 1st, & 2nd
- 8:15-11:10 a.m. - Kinder, 1st, and 2nd Grade Field Events
- 11:15-12:30 a.m. - Water Slide/25 min. per grade level, Popsicle
- 12:35-1:35 p.m. - Lunch/Fruit Snack/Restroom break
- 1:40-2:30 p.m. - Teacher Event Competition in gym
3rd, 4th, & 5th
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Teacher Event Competition in gym
- 9:35-10:50 a.m. - Water Slide/25 min. per grade level, Popsicle
- 10:55-11:55 a.m. - Lunch/Fruit Snack/Restroom break
- 12:00-2:35 p.m. - 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Field Events
Dear Parent or Guardian,
It’s that time again! Please remember to put sunscreen on your children for Field Day. They will need to wear school appropriate shorts and tennis shoes to participate. Good behavior and sportsmanship are expected at all times, or the student may be removed from competing in events. It will be a homeroom competition for all grade levels K-5th this year. You may want to bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on outside and possibly a change of clothes and/or towel for your child since there will be a water slide. In case of last minute rainy weather, the schedule may change without notice. Students will be given fruit and a popsicle provided by our wonderful PTA during a break time. We will have water jugs available outside during their Field Day time or they can bring their own water bottle. If you are coming as a spectator, please make sure you bring a valid driver’s license to be scanned in the front office. If you are an approved volunteer with NISD and would like to help out on Field Day, please contact me at Amanda.Grounds@nisdtx.org. You are always welcome to join us!
Physical Education Teacher
End of Year Awards and Party Schedules:
- Kindergarten Graduation: Thursday, May 31 at 8:15 am
- 1st Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 9:00 am
- 2nd Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 10:00 am
- 3rd Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 am
- 4th Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 11:00 am
- 5th Grade Celebration and Awards: Thursday, May 31 at 6:00 pm
End of Year Parties:
- All End of Year Parties will be Thursday, May 31 from 9:45 - 10:45 am.
Free Breakfast and Lunch Available at Seven Hills This Summer:
2018 -2019 Returning Student Registration:
Through PowerSchool, most information for returning students will already appear filled out based on existing records. Parents and guardians will just need to verify or update existing information and provide proof of residency. For parents and guardians of returning students, this proof of residency can be submitted either online, at one of the summer central registration days (seen in the chart below) or at a student's campus.
Examples of accepted proof of residency documents include a current utility bill (not a phone bill), lease or closing papers (for 30 days until a utility bill is available). If living with a friend or relative within Northwest ISD, an affidavit must be completed, notarized and provided to the school's front office along with a current utility bill.
Enrollment for students new to the district is currently ongoing. New student enrollment will remain open throughout the school year.
Online enrollment should be completed no later than Tuesday, Aug. 21, to ensure all information has been processed and schedules can be completed by the first day of school. Northwest ISD's 2018-19 school year begins Monday, Aug. 27.
In partnership with the Northwest ISD Council of PTAs, three registration events will be held for students in each high school zone (Steele Accelerated High School students can attend any of the three events). These events will assist with enrollment, and students can also receive immunization shots. Families of students who are new to the district are strongly encouraged to attend one of these events.
Gone are the days of filling out dozens of registration forms by hand at the start of the school year. Northwest ISD has made going back to school easier for returning and new-to-district families with online registration. Parents will now complete required forms online.
Please note, a child should be enrolled by a parent, guardian or a person with control under a court order. For more information, contact your child's campus.
To begin the student registration process for the 2018-2019 school year, please go to the district website at: http://www.nisdtx.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=291457
Save the Date:
Volunteer Appreciation Celebration:
- Monday, May 21, 3:30
- Tuesday, May 22, 5:30
Speeding to Read Championship Assembly:
- Wednesday, May 23
- Friday, May 25
Memorial Day School Holiday:
- Monday, May 28
Bump Up Day:
- Tuesday, May 29
1st - 4th Grade End of Year Awards Assemblies:
- Wednesday, May 30 (times posted above)
End of Year Parties:
- Thursday, May 31 9:45 - 10:45 am
- Thursday, May 31, 8:15 am
5th Grade Celebration:
- Thursday, May 31, 6:00 pm
Early Release Days:
- Thursday, May 31; 11:40 am
- Friday, June 1; 11:40 am
Last Day of School:
- Friday, June 1 (Important information sent home in "Last Day" envelope)
Campus Information and Reminders:
This is the last week for Running Club!
Mrs. Wallis is collecting a few items for Summer Science Blastoff and could really use your help! She will be collecting through the end of the school year in order to gather enough materials for the entire camp. A collection box will be placed outside the GATES classroom door.
- Clean 2 liter bottles
- Clean Small water or Gatorade bottles
- Empty tissue boxes
- School Doors Open and Staff Are On Duty at 7:20 am: Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before the doors open and staff are on duty at 7:20 am.
- The safety and security of students, staff, and visitors is a priority. All visitors must sign-in with the front office using the Raptor system to receive a visitor badge. Any visitor without a badge will be redirected to the front office. Please note that we have a new and improved Raptor system for signing our visitors and volunteers in at Seven Hills. All guests and volunteers will be required to scan their ID on their first visit to school this year. Thank you in advance for your patience.
- Student Absences: Please contact the school office if your child will be absent from school. This helps us verify our overall attendance for the day and properly account for all students. When your child returns to school after an absence, please be sure to send a note explaining the reason for the absences.
- See What’s Going on in Our Communities: As a service to our families, the district provides the Community Folder for non-school groups or organizations to post information that may be of interest or a benefit to students and families. Click here to see approved flyers.