ALL HANDS ON DECK
HS STAFF NEWS | February 23, 2018
Parent/Teacher Conferences Reminders, Babysitting and Food!
Make sure you have reached out to all of your students and parents regarding
P/T enrollment night.
As we near enrollment conferences, I wanted to provide you with some resources. I hope these will provide you with assistance as you work with our students and families. If you need additional resources, please let me know. Additionally... front office is getting a large number of phone calls regarding appointment times, please review times with your students on Monday and ask that they communicate that to parents on your behalf.
1. When students and parents come to see you, you will need to:
- Check to see that their name is on their enrollment form. Students will be bringing them, but some we have already and will get them to you.
- Check that they have selected a career path & post-secondary option on their form.
- Check that they have courses identified for the 2018-19 school year.
- Check that they have their signature, their parent signature, and teacher initials. If not, all must be collected before going to the next stop.
*You will not need to identify FPL options this year, it will be the next stop after they leave you.
2. If a student shows up without their enrollment form or you did not receive it from us, please have them complete a blank one. Here is the link to see what classes counselors have discussed with students. They are sorted by tabs at the bottom by graduation year. We have tried to visit with every student, but admittedly there may be a few with blanks or without 7 full credit choices.
3. Additional resources:
- Blank enrollment forms - copies will be given to you as well
(Forms are attached below)
- Link to the career and educational planning guide
4. At conferences please check your table to make sure you have received:
- Blank enrollment forms
- Red "help" cards to waive should you need help
- Flow charts and maps
- Not provided, but you may want to bring pens and pencils
STUCO is offering FREE childcare during Parent /Teacher conferences next week.
If you'd like to sign up your child(ren) please use the link below:
We will be having: Carlitos Mexican -
Beef or Chicken Taco Bar (3 per person) hard and/or soft shells
Enchilada Casserole (made with corn tortillas)
**Dessert will be provided.... But a surprise.... there will also have a gluten-free option.
Feb. 28 (P/T Conference - Enrollment)
* = Extended meetings
If a child reports BULLYING to you, as outlined in the safe school training, please use the following link to report the issue:
USE THE REPORT VIA WEB button to fill out the information to be investigated.
27 - F.P.L. PARENT/TEACHER MEETING, 6:00 pm Paxton Center
28 - PLC DAY & PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
1-3 - SPRING PLAY "Rumors", 7:00 pm
1 - FPL VISIT, 8:00-12:00 Paxton
6 - BLT MEETING, 3:00 pm
7 - BLT BLAST, during lunch
9 - END OF 3rd QUARTER
14 - PLC DAY, Extended
14 - 3rd QUARTER GRADES DUE BY MIDNIGHT
15 - ACADEMIC AWARDS, 1:30
15 - DEPT. CHAIR MTG., 3:00 pm
Thank you to our Pirates ROCK Star business partners!
Platte County High School
- Dr. Chad Sayre, Principal
- Shari Waters, Assistant Principal
- Matt Messick, Assistant Principal
- Phil Dorman, Activities Director