Northwest Early Elementary
Notes from the Principal
Ready or not, the 2020 Holiday Season is here! This year has had some major ups and downs with surprises all around! There are a lot of needs around the world and even right in our Northwest neighborhoods. Please take time to spread holiday cheer and make this year special for your family and our Northwest Community.
Here are a few tips to keep your body healthy and your brain clear over the next few weeks:
Maintain a daily routine, including showering and getting dressed.
Take breaks from COVID-19 news, including social media.
Eat healthy meals and stay hydrated.
Get plenty of sleep.
Stretching, breathe deeply or meditate.
Focus on enjoyable activities.
Connect with others and share how you are feeling.
Please make sure that you are keeping your family safe and helping out your neighbors anyway that you can. We will continue to do our very best and communicate our learning environment changes, so you can make safe plans.
I appreciate your continued support,
Northwest Early Elementary
Snack and Birthday Treat Reminders
● Only pre-packaged snacks will be allowed (no cupcakes).
● Students need to be able to carry birthday/snack treats on their own
● Teacher will hand out snacks to the students.
● Students will not deliver birthday treats throughout the building
School Arrival Procedures
- Students may be dropped off beginning at 8:45 a.m.
- Parents will have the option to park in a parking spot and
walk students to the crosswalk, or drop off their student
in the drop off lane.
- Staff will be assigned for safe crossing and exiting from
- Kindergarteners will enter the main entrance and line up with their teacher or buddy teacher in the cafeteria.
- First Graders will walk down the first grade sidewalk (labeled on lamp post) and meet their teachers just inside the doorway in the main hallway.
- Second Graders will walk down the second grade sidewalk (labeled on lamp post) and meet their cohort teachers in their classrooms.
- Students will be expected to wear masks in preparation
for entering the building.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry points.
- Medication must be transported by a parent and checked in at the office.
- Over-the-counter medications (cough drops, Tylenol, Tums) must have doctor's order.
Parking Lot Safety Reminders
- Please stay off your cell phone! Your eyes on the road are the best tools for parking lot safety.
- Please continue to pull all the way up and use the crosswalk.
- If you need to escort your child inside please park in a designated parking spot and not along the drop-off curb.
We encourage promptness since tardies affect everyone and disrupt classroom time. One of the most valuable life skills a student can learn from his/her parent/guardian is the responsibility of arriving at school every day on time. Morning is the time when important school news is announced, teachers define the plans for the day, and instructional goals are reviewed and set. The whole tone of a child’s school day is set in the first part of the day.
School starts at 8:55 a.m.
If your student is not participating in their classroom morning routine by 9:00 a.m. they will be considered tardy.
Students not in their classroom seat by 9:00 a.m. shall be considered tardy.
If the supervisory aides are not present when you drop off your student, they are tardy. Please make sure to come in the office and sign them in.
Doctor appointments/professional appointments are excused with a doctors note.
Please help support your child in learning habits that will help them be successful at school and throughout life. If you need help or have concerns getting your child to school on time please contact the office. We are here to help.