The Goshen Gazette
From the Principal - Mr. Graves
Over the past several months, the district has been working to develop a redistricting plan. The plan will impact some in the Goshen Lane community. Information about the plan will be shared district wide on April 8, and again on April 12. Be sure to check your email for this important information.
After School Program at Goshen
Due to the response received last month, the YWCA Kids Place After School program was able to re-open the after school program at Goshen Lane. Unfortunately, the number of families who are taking advantage of the program is small and will not be enough to maintain programming the rest of the year. If you are in need of after school care for your child(ren), or know of someone one who is, please contact us so that we can put you in contact with the program directors.
Summer School 2021
Gahanna Jefferson Public Schools is offering a summer school opportunity for students this summer from June 14 - July 8. Online registration will begin at noon Monday April 19th. Click this summer school flyer link for more information.
Mobile Food Unit Coming to Goshen Lane!
GRIN (Gahanna Residents In Need) is providing a mobile food unit here at the school. If you, or if you know of families who need a little help with food, please contact Kelly Logan, school counselor, for details and sign-up information. Ms. Logan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask your child to list as many flat and solid shapes as possible. Examples: octagon, hexagon, cone, cube. Together, go on a treasure hunt to find something of each shape. You might find them in the house, outside, or in books or other print materials.
- Pida a su hijo que enumere todas las formas planas y sólidas que pueda. Ejemplos: octógono, hexágono, cono, cubo. Juntos, hagan una búsqueda del tesoro para encontrar algo de cada forma. Pueden encontrarlos en la casa, en el exterior o en libros u otro material impreso.
- Make an “Active Rewards” jar. Let your child write physical activities (hike, play catch, shoot baskets) on slips of paper and put them in a jar. When a family member finishes a project or achieves a goal, celebrate by pulling out a slip and doing the activity together.
- Hagan un frasco de “recompensas por actividad”. Pida a su hijo que escriba actividades físicas (caminar, juegos con pelota, encestar) en papelitos y los ponga en un frasco. Cuando un familiar termine una tarea o logre una meta, celebren sacando un papel y haciendo la actividad.
- Build patience with a cotton ball race. Each player places a cotton ball on a spoon and races to carry it to the other side of the room. If you drop the cotton, go back to the beginning and start over. The first one to cross the room without dropping the ball wins.
- Desarrollen la paciencia con una carrera de bolas de algodón. Cada jugador pone una bola de algodón en una cuchara y la lleva corriendo al otro lado de la sala. Si tira el algodón, deberá regresar y comenzar de nuevo. Ganará el primero que cruce la sala sin tirar la bola.
Happening in April
April 13: PTA Meeting
April 18: PTA Dine Out at Whit's Frozen Custard in Gahanna