Monday, August 26, 2019
Lunch prices will remain the same as last year:
- Elementary lunch: $2.40
- Secondary lunch $2.60
- Reduced lunch $0.40
If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know. There is no deadline to apply for free and reduced meals. We will be more than happy to help you fill out the paperwork or apply online. If you don’t qualify for that program, they are still willing and able to provide assistance as needed. For any questions, please contact the Food Service Director, Erin Wilkes at 501-843-3363.
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Panther Trail needs to remain 1 lane for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
2019-2020 Bell Schedule
8:00 Tardy Bell
3:20 Car Riders, Walkers, and First Wave Bus Riders Dismissed
3:25 Second Wave Bus Riders Dismissed
3:30 Third Wave Bus Riders Dismissed
Your child will receive a more specific bell schedule for their Team that includes lunch and recess times, class times, etc.
Your child's supply fee can be made by check or cash and sent with your child to school. You can also pay online (link: https://cabot.revtrak.net/) cabot.revtrak.net - there is a service fee. You do not have to put a teacher's name, just your child's grade level. The district wants to do everything in our power to help our families. If you are a family that is facing financial hardships, the most important thing you can do is to let us know.
Reminders about Dress Code
The CPS Student Handbook outlines the following guidelines of appropriate dress for any campus. The handbook can be accessed on the district website under the Resources for Students tab.
All students shall wear shoes;
Young men shall wear sleeved shirts;
Young women may wear sleeved blouses and shirts or sleeveless blouses and shirts with broad shoulder straps that cover the shoulders; undergarments may not be visible;
Pants, shorts, dresses and skirts will be no more than four (4) inches above the knee.
Long dresses cannot have a slit that exceeds 4 inches above the knee standard;
For all clothing with waistbands, the top of the waistband must be no lower than the top of the hipbone;
Clothing and accessories not allowed include, but are not limited to, the following:
Tank tops and tops with spaghetti straps;
Pants with holes more than four inches above the knee with exposed skin or undergarments;
Caps, hats, toboggans, etc;
Clothing that displays obscenities, promotes violence, including pictures of guns or other weapons, has sexual implication/content or has reference to alcoholic beverages, tobacco or illegal substances;
Chains (e.g. wallet chains);
Pajamas and house shoes;
Other styles, hair, contacts or clothing that may disrupt school.
Cabot Middle School South