"Be the change you wish to see in the world."--Gandhi
It's Your Time, Take the Lead
LEAP Enrollment Ends September 18th!
LEAP is a co-curricular leadership certificate program which seeks to prepare students for leadership roles and responsibilities in service to the college and community. LEAP accomplishes its mission through education, development, and training in a series of sessions and activities on the West Virginia Wesleyan College campus. Students will develop a personal leadership model grounded in theory and research aligned with the mission of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Enrollment in the program is $15 and covers the cost of each student's StrengthsFinder Assessment access code and program materials. Talk to Jessica Wagner in the Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development (behind the campus bookstore) today! The deadline for enrolling in LEAP this semester is September 18th!
WE LEAD News
- The Appalachian Experience team is volunteering at the Helvetia Fair this Saturday, September 14th. It's an exciting day working in the kitchen, helping to organize the crowd, and building a float for the parade! Make a difference in this small community and learn about the rich cultural background of this historical Swiss community. E-mail Luke Teel (email@example.com) or Erin Hudnall (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to sign-up.
- The Children & Youth Issue Team is offering a Love & Logic training open to all on Wednesday, September 25th at 7 pm in the Social Hall. Love & Logic is a behavior management program which encourages children to take ownership and responsibility for their actions without frustration or anger. The training is being given by local administrator and West Virginia's National Distinguished Principal, Dr. Sara Stankus. Questions? E-mail Tracey Gregory at email@example.com.
Upcoming Issue Team Meetings...don't miss these opportunities to learn more and get involved in the issues you care about!
- Social Justice Team Weekly Meetings, every Wednesday, 8 pm in the CCE (located behind the campus bookstore)
- Appalachian Experience Team Meetings, every other Thursday (Sept. 12th & 26th), 6 pm in the CCE
- Eco/Sustainability Team Meetings, every other Tuesday (Sept 17th & Oct. 1), 7 pm in the CCE
Upcoming Community Engagement Opportunities
- The Annual Events team is coordinating volunteers for the Upshur County Children's Festival on Saturday, September 21st. Everyone can help! If you're part of a group, you can create an activity for a table, help at tables that need volunteers to run them, or help with setup and/or tear-down. If you'd like to volunteer as an individual, there are plenty of stations that need your help! The festival lasts from 10 am-2 pm with setup beginning at 8:30 am and tear-down beginning at 2 pm. Need help coming up with ideas for a table or do you have other questions? E-mail Elaine Ashman at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Ready to sign-up? Group sign-up is here: https://orgsync.com/25319/forms/21710 Individual sign-up is here: https://orgsync.com/25319/forms/22422
- A few spots are still open for Red Spruce Tree Planting at the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge on Saturday, September 21st. The bus will depart campus at 7:30 am and return at approximately 3:30 pm. Questions? Do you want to help restore the natural habitat of Canaan Valley? E-mail Luke Teel (email@example.com) or Erin Hudnall (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your spot today!
Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development
We are located behind the campus bookstore on the second floor of the Benedum Campus Center. Check out the CCE website for upcoming events and more information about our programs!