Week of December 6th, 2015
Morrish Staff Christmas Party
Friday, Dec. 11th, 6pm
6155 Pebbleshire Drive
Grand Blanc, MI
let’s get together for some Christmas cheer!
Please RSVP TODAY! Include a "2" next to your name if you are bringing someone with you to the party.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
December 6, 2015
Our staff Christmas Party will be on December 11th at Amy Brimmer's house. Please RSVP on the link above to help us plan how much food is needed. This will be a fun-filled night of laughter and I hope that our whole Morrish family can attend! #party
Thank you for those who are including @MorrishDragons in your tweets. When you do this I get a notification and can retweet your tweet. Please continue to do this as it helps tell the story of our school. #branding
At times I become overwhelmed and find myself needing a little inspiration. If you feel like this too, please take 2 minutes to watch the video below about the blind high school teacher. Most importantly, listen to what his students say about him. #relationships
Under that video is an interesting formative assessment idea: Emoji Exit Tickets. Consider how your grade level or content area might use these to gather student feedback on learning. #reflection
We have about 25 high school students who have applied to be mentors for our students and only 8 Morrish students nominated for this opportunity. TEACHERS: Please nominate student(s) who would benefit from having a high school mentor on THIS LINK. Sharon Veenhuis and I are conducting interviews of these applicants on Friday and will set up matches after these interviews. Our goal is for the program to begin after winter break.
The week ahead...
Monday, December 7
- Join #COLchat at 9PM ET to discuss relationships. This is the foundation to building a culture of learning and we are revisiting this important topic in the chat.
Tuesday, December 8
- Bright Smiles Dental Program (students whose parents completed the permission slip form will be pulled from class for about 30 mins)
- 8:30-11:30 Lounge will be used for 2nd Grade Teacher Lab (Ranae is the host)
- MTSS is canceled from 2:00 through the end of the day
Wednesday, December 9
- NO MTSS
- Senior Luncheon 11:30-1:00
- Students eat lunch in classrooms
- School Board Meeting at 7:00 in HS Band Room
Thursday, December 10
- Taco Bar Lunch to Thank Student Teachers
- I will be out in the afternoon to attend a district leadership meeting.
Friday, December 11
- Sharon V. and I will be at SCHS in the morning to interview HS mentor candidates
- Santa's Secret Shop - Lunch in classrooms
- Staff Christmas Party 6:00 at Amy B.'s house
It's going to be a great week!
Swartz Creek Community Schools
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.BELIEF STATEMENTS:
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.