Schoology Tips and Tricks
Week of October 5th
Please make sure you get to the very end of the Schoology Assignment and click on Submit. You will be prompted to then make sure you are ready to submit. Click yes. You will know it was submitted correctly if you go back to the assignment and can see Submitted with a timestamp.
Below are links to directions on Submitting Assignments in Schoology.
Check out the latest "Be Your Best You" Video!
HELPDESK vs. In School Support for Schoology and Technology
Here is a quick breakdown of who to go to when you are stuck.
- Your SMCPS issued Laptop, iPad or HotSpot is not working.
- This could be due to a hardware issue, battery issue, or it may be missing an app or other software needed to support online learning.
- Use this form to report hardware issues with your SMCPS issued device.
- *Please note: we cannot support tech issues on your personal devices.
In-School Support (Teacher)
- Trouble understanding an assignment? Please email the teacher of the course you are struggling with.
- Assignments not opening? Error messages? Reach out to the teacher of the course you are having issues with.
General Tech Issues
1. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of Schoology.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Choose the Notifications Tab.
Here you can choose which notifications are sent to your email. You can also turn on text notifications.
Last month's Smore newsletter includes tips and tricks for Google Assignments, photos, completion rules, and calendar settings.
Elementary iPad Recording Errors
The HTML5 audio/video recorder is supported on the following material type when using Safari or Chrome on iOS (not the Schoology iOS app)
- Students can access an assessment using the Schoology iOS app, however, the audio/video recording is not supported at this time. Students can use Safari or Chrome to record audio/video on their iPads instead of the Schoology app.
For material types that are not supported, students will receive a Please Use a Supported Browser (or a variance of this message) message since the HTML5 recorder and Chrome/Firefox/Safari are not supported on mobile devices.