Bucks-Lehigh eduSummit 2016
Aug. 9th & 10th
EduSummit HashTag: #BLES16
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE BLES EDUSUMMIT
Save the Date: The 4th annual Bucks Lehigh EduSummit is scheduled for Tuesday, August 9th and Wednesday, August 10th at Southern Lehigh High School from 8am-3pm. Each day will have a nationally recognized Keynote Speaker, free breakfast and lunch, 6 hours of Act 48 compensated professional development, and the opportunity to discuss, share, and learn alongside colleagues from across eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The EduSummit is completely free, and the opportunity to attend part of a day or the entire two days is up to each participant. Registration information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks and more information will be shared on the wiki that is being built now. While the EduSummit originally began with a focus on technology, the focus has shifted to the broader perspectives of what it means to be a teacher and learner in the 21st century.
To help us better plan and prepare for the day, as well as meet the needs of the participants, please consider completing this very brief survey. Thank you!
Currently, we are accepting breakout session applications, and we are looking for passionate educators who wish to lead a one hour session on either of those days. The topics of these sessions are established by those who are willing to present or facilitate. Some examples of sessions from previous years include:
- technology specific training (Google Apps for Education, Using Discovery Education)
- technology integration frameworks (Blogging in the Classroom, SAMR Model)
- examples of model lessons
- conversations about pedagogy and instructional practices (Formative Assessment, Project Based Learning, Engagement Strategies, Literacy Strategies)
- conversations about trends and shifts in education (Flipped Classroom, Personalized Learning, Adaptive Technologies)
- presentations on content specific approaches (Teaching Scientific Inquiry in the Elementary Classroom, Technology Driven Mathematics Instruction at the Secondary Level)
To see the structure of the day and for last year’s schedule, click here.
These one hour sessions can be any of the following formats:
- hands on demonstration
- facilitated discussion
- step by Step Training
- model Lesson
- combination of any of the above
We believe that there are many talented educators in our schools who have experiences worth sharing. What are you most passionate about? What expertise do you have that would be worth sharing or discussing? If you are uncomfortable doing it alone, grab some colleagues to help you plan and facilitate your session. Working together can be a fun way to ease the jitters of presenting or facilitating . We hope you will consider sharing the great things happening in your classroom.