Anderson School News! 3/30/21
We're "Digging In" to Learning
Dates to Remember
- Monday, March 29th - Friday, April 2nd: Spring Break - No School
- Monday, April 5th: School Resumes
- Tuesday 4/13 - Thursday 4/22 Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR Testing)
- Thursday, April 8th: Monthly PTO Meeting 7 pm
- Mon-Fri 26th-30th Anderson Spirit Week! Stay tuned for more :)
- Thursday, April 29th Pro Kids Show Family Assembly 7 pm. (info coming soon)
- Tuesday, May 4th: Chipotle S Elgin PTO Dine Out Fundraiser 4 pm to 8 pm
- Thursday, May 6th: Last PTO Meeting of the School Year! 7 pm
- Friday, May 7th Talent Show submission videos are due
- Monday, May 24th Anderson Virtual Talent Show Video Release 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 28th: Last Day of School (if no emergency days are used)
The Playground Climbing Equipment is Now Open!
Starting April 6, we will see a few more options open up for our students at recess. Due to changes in IDPH/ISBE health and safety guidelines, elementary schools across D303 are able to open up our playgrounds during recess. Here is some helpful information:
Hand sanitizer will be available, and students are to use it before and after playing on the playground.
Masks are required to be worn when playing on the playground.
We will monitor and limit the number of students, and the amount of time they spend on the playground climbing equipment.
This is partially due to the fact that with the close quarters of the playground, if a student were to contract COVID-19, students who played within six feet of the student for 15 minutes or longer would need to enter quarantine. Of course, we want to avoid this happening to any child.
We are also seeing the return of recess equipment for our students to use . At this time, students can play soccer (because it involves kicking the ball back and forth). We will have a rotation system to keep soccer balls clean and sanitized in between recesses.
Digging In To Talent!
Anderson Elementary, It is time to dig in and find your best talent to share with our Anderson Community through our 2021 Virtual Anderson Talent Show!
Our virtual show will be released on May 24th! Our 5th-grade classes will be helping to put together the opening and/or closing acts of the show and Student Council will be introducing our performances!
To be in the talent show, you simply need to record a video of you doing your talent. You can practice as many times as you want until you get it just right! Your video should be no longer than 2 minutes long. Please have your family email the video to Mrs. Majewski, fill out the google form, or if you use your google account you can share the video with her. Only record your talent act with us in your video. Please tell us separately your name, class, and title of your act or song. We need all of this turned in by May 7th!
We can’t wait to see the amazing talent you share with us! If you have any questions please reach out to Mrs. Weber, Ms. Reyes, or Mrs. Majewski! Let the recording begin!
Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) 3rd-5th Grade
- 4/13 - ELA #1
- 4/14 - ELA #2
- 4/15 - ELA #3
- 4/20 - Math #1
- 4/21 - Math #2
- 4/22 - Math #3