By: Crystal Williams
Signs Of Readiness
- Shows interest in using the toilet.
- Stays dry for periods of 2 hours
- Complains about dirty diapers
- Can pull his/her pants up or down
- Follow directions
- Sits still
Reasons For Parents To Start Potty Training
- Having another child
- Tired of paying money for diapers
- More time to sleep
The optimal time is from 1 to 3 years of age, just watch for signs.
Helps regulate themselves so they don't pee themselves and understand when it's time to use the restroom
Them being able to pull up and down their pants is important because it shows being able to use the bathroom alone
Encouraging your child is important because when you do your child will have a since of accomplishment and will want to do it more.
What Comes First: Bowel or Bladder?
Bowel typically precedes bladder.