Ms. Sizemore's Class News
Tuesday, October 13- Picture Day
Tuesday, October 13- Field Trip to Pack Library
Friday, October 16- Early Release Day @ noon
Thursday, October 22- Field Trip to Hickory Nut Gap Farm (11:30 to 2:00)
Monday, October 26- Teacher Workday
Tuesday, October 27- Teacher Workday
Friday, October 30- Classroom Celebration for Halloween and Dia De Los Muertos
I have enjoyed meeting with all of you to discuss the emotional and academic development of your child. Now that conferences are winding down, newsletters should come a little more frequently. Please note that we will have a field trip to Hickory Nut Gap Farm next week. Now that we have gotten approval, we will send home the permission slips in the next few days.
Last week, we started a study of attributes. We have been using attributes to describe things more exactly and to compare and contrast in all subject areas. In math, we have been discussing the attributes of two-dimensional shapes. In science, we used a Venn diagram to compare and contrast cucurbits (squash, pumpkins and gourds) and on Friday, students participated in a taste test. They did not LOVE everything, but they were willing to try everything. This week, we are continuing to focus on geometry and will have an introduction to perimeter.
Community Resiliency Model Training
Scholastic Reading Club
- Thanks to Ella's family, Temoc's family, Hadley's family, Nora's Family, Thema's family and Myles' family for providing delicious, healthy snacks this past month.
- Thanks to Ms. Amy (Stella's mom) for helping us make potato soup with potatoes the students dug up from the school garden and for helping us learn about root systems.
- Thanks to Bonnie (Nora's mom) for organizing math games and materials.
- Thanks to Kelly (Alastair's mom) and Stephanie (Ella's mom) for chaperoning our trip to the NC Arboretum.
- Thanks to Amy (Stella's mom), Lorne (Gabriella's dad), Susan (Hadley's grandmother), Charlotte (Maya's mom) and Gabriel (Helia's dad) for chaperoning our trip to Pack Library for the Storytelling Festival.
- Thanks to Bonnie (Nora's mom), Amy (Stella's mom) and Charlotte (Maya's mom) for preparing the food for our taste test.
- Thanks for providing field trip scholarships for the NC Arboretum!