Boulder Hill Elementary
April 28, 2023
About our School
Boulder Hill Elementary School
World-class schools serving caring communities.
We A.R.E. Boulder Hill
(Para ver el boletín en español, haga clic en el icono de funciones de accesibilidad.)
Location: 163 Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery, IL, USA
8:45 AM - DOORS OPEN FOR STUDENT ARRIVAL (there is no supervision prior to 8:45 AM)
9:00 AM - school starts / instruction begins
3:50 PM - end of school / student dismissal
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Monday - Friday - 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
Boulder Hill Teacher Appreciation Week - May1 - 5th.
Help Wanted - Parent Volunteers!
Parent Volunteer Helper
Hello Bobcat families. We would like to offer our parents the opportunity to help our school and our teachers. There will be opportunities to help within the school and opportunities to help with tasks that you can do at home. If you would like to be a Parent Volunteer Helper please complete the folowing survey.
Boulder Hill Spring Book Fair
Book Fair Spring 2023
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vSITYXL3SZekQpiCWN17Ou3IKrbSDIFO6HFkOH7lf6Ui0S5vFj6Gz32NQqsoDnXm3b2YaImQjiDwfFJ/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000 Thursday, April 27; 9:15-3:30** Friday, April 28; 9:15-3:30** **PREVIEW ONLY** Monday, May 1; 9:00-3:30 Tuesday, May 2; 9:00-3:30...
Students will have the opportunity to view and shop May 1 - 5
- Here's the multi-page electronic flyer that was shared with students through Google Classroom. We have a community night scheduled on May 4th from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM . Students must have an adult with them (over the age of 18) to shop outside of school hours.
Bobcat ABC Countdown to the end of the year information
Sign up for Summer Connections Today!
If you have not signed up, please sign up today. Spaces are filling up quickly. (Kindergarten & 2nd grade Dual Language classes are full).
- Dates: weeks of June 5, June 12, June 19 & June 26
- Locations: Hunt Club (Dual Language classes will be held here), Long Beach & Wolf's Crossing
- Day(s)/Time(s): Monday- Thursday from 8:45 am - 11:45 am
Please see attached flier for program details.
You can visit the district website summer school page https://www.sd308.org/summerschool
Boulder Hill Field Day Friday, May 19
Field Day Sign-up
Dear Boulder Hill families,
The 2023 Boulder Hill Field Day is just around the corner! The official date for this year’s field day will be Friday, May 19th. We are looking for volunteers to help run our Field Day stations. Field Day will be divided into 2 sessions. 3rd, 4th, & 5th grades will be from 9:15-11:15am and Kdg, 1st, & 2nd grades will be from 1:15-3:15pm. Please feel free to sign up for one or both sessions. To efficiently organize this event we are using an online volunteer website called SignUp.com
Estimadas familias de Boulder Hill,
¡El día de campo de Boulder Hill 2023 está a la vuelta de la esquina! La fecha oficial para el día de campo de este año será el viernes 19 de mayo. Estamos buscando voluntarios para ayudar a operar nuestras estaciones de Field Day. El Field Day se dividirá en 2 sesiones. Los grados 3, 4 y 5 serán de 9:15 a 11:15 a. m. y los grados Kdg, 1 y 2 serán de 1:15 a 3:15 p. m. Le invitamos a registrarse para una o ambas sesiones. Para organizar este evento de manera eficiente, estamos utilizando un sitio web de voluntarios en línea llamado SignUp.com
You have voice! Share your feedback!
2023-24 Parent Input Forms for Student Classroom Assignment
It's that time of year again! We will begin the process of classroom assignments for the 2023-24 school year. We value your input and want to give the opportunity for our parent(s)/guardian(s) to share information about their student that they feel is important to consider when assigning classroom placement.
Please submit the attached form below to provide your feedback.
Help show a Boulder Hill staff member how much you appreciate all they do!
Pass It On is a way to send a shout-out or thank you to any SD 308 staff member. Every day there are staff members doing great things for students, co-workers, parents, and our community. Let’s recognize these acts of kindness, big or small!
With the Pass It On system, you can take a few seconds to submit a note of recognition to someone in the SD 308 family. These notes will be sent to the recipient once a week. Notes can be sent from an individual, team, or anonymously.
Kindness is contagious, so we encourage you to Pass It On!
A little show of appreciation can go a long way!
Stay Informed! Get Involved!
Social Media Awareness for Parents!
I have received multiple reports from parents regarding Boulder Hill students use of technology and social media. Youth today are more technologically saavy than we were at their age. With the abundance of access to internet and social media platforms I wanted to encourage you to get informed and stay connected with your student and how they are using the technology they have. Though there are guidelines and expectations established in school board policy and the Student Code of Conduct, it's important that you as parents are actively involved and aware of what your child engages in.
Here are some resources for your reference:
- Common Sense Media website with a Family Tool Kit - https://www.commonsense.org/education/toolkit/family-engagement-resources
- Child Welfare Information Gateway website with information https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/management/workforce/socialmedia/safety/
- Link to Boulder Hill School website where you can find the Student Code of Conduct Handbook https://www.sd308.org/domain/404
Does your student have #Medicaid coverage? If so, listen up! Renewals may have been on pause due to #COVID19, but they’re making a comeback. Be sure to check, you may need to reapply. Learn more at Medicaid.gov/renewals.
BPAC looking for Dual Language Seniors of 2023
BPAC Mother's Day Brunch
PLEASE LIKE boulderhillpta ON FACEBOOK
Spirit Wear extended to Sunday, April 29. Last chance to get your orders in!
Boulder Hill's 1st Ever Fun Run (flyer) - Please support!
Thompson Junior High Step Up Night for Parents - May 9 (see information below)
SD308 Parent Update
Kendall County 2-1-1
211 is a new, free, confidential information and referral hotline. Get info on help with food, shelter, clothing, counseling, transportation, child care, health care, employment and much more. Help is available in 150+ languages. For Assistance: text (898211), call (888-865-9903), or visit the website: www.findhelp211.org.
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 1 - 5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 3-5 - Boulder Hill Spring Book Fair
- May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
- May 5 - Student Council Spirit Day (Beach Day)
- May 5 - Watch Dog Day
- May 5 - Final Day for student LRC book check-out
- May 9 - Final PTA meeting 2022-23 SY
- May 10 - School Nurse Appreciation Day
- May 10 - PTA Culver's Night
- May 11 - Final day for Student Council Store
- May 12 - PTA Bingo Night
- May 14 - Mother's Day
- May 17 - Alumni Walk
- May 19 - Field Day
- May 19 - Fun Run
- May 26 - 5th grade Acknowledgement Ceremony
- May 26 - Last Day of School - 12:30 PM Dismissal
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health & Wellness are important, but often overlooked. Remember that there are a number of resources available to SD308 students and families.
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.