3rd Grade News
Announcements & Other Exciting Things
- We have a fun-filled week ahead!
- Wednesday we will be doing our Holiday rotations, where the kids will rotate between the third grade classrooms and do a different activity in each room.
- Thursday afternoon is our Holiday party. It is from 2:45-3:30. All are welcome! Your child can wear a fun holiday sweater, funny hat, elf ears, etc...
- Friday is Polar Express Day! We will be wearing PJs and drinking hot chocolate while watching the Polar Express. We will also be doing our stocking stuffer exchange!
- If you have any Holiday movies you want to send to school (rated G or below) please feel free! If we have any free time, it's nice to have one to pop in :)
- December reading logs are due after Holiday break. Check the backside of the page for updated goals!
- We are in desperate need of glue sticks for the classroom. Almost everyone has used up 2 or 3 and we are all out! If you have any extras at home that you want to send, we would really appreciate it! :)
- NO SCHOOL next week or the following week! Have a great break!
Reading/ Language Arts
December Book It minutes will be due on January 4th, when we get back from winter break. As a class, we read 3,826 minutes last month. Let's try and beat that!
Every week, we will be working on our math facts using Math-A-Minute. Math-A-Minute is a program used to help students master their basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts. Once a student masters a level, they move on to the next level. It is vital that students have a full mastery of their basic facts so we will be practicing a lot! You should be seeing little slips of paper with math facts on them coming home in take home folders. If your student didn't finish, or missed a problem, help them practice and they will try again the next time we do Math-A-Minute!
Science/ Social Studies
- Expo markers
- Sandwich size Ziplock bags
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Packing tape
- Glue Sticks
- Cap erasers