September 16, 2016
And the 2016-17 LEEA Award Winner is...
You exemplify all of the qualities and characteristics that this award recognizes:
- Serve as examples to inspire fellow colleagues, students and their communities through positive leadership and attitude toward the educational field.
- Thorough knowledge of subject matter and leadership in curriculum development
- Positive role model for students and staff
- Exemplary instructor who recognizes students as individuals and motivates them to reach their maximum potential and who shows genuine respect and concern.
- Seeks to improve personal and instructional effectiveness through continuing education and staff development activities.
Congratulations again Lisa! Thanks for all you do for our students and school!
2016 Site Goal
The percentage of all students enrolled October 1 in grades 3-5 at Montrose Elementary School who earn an achievement level of Meets the Standards or Exceeds the Standards in reading on the MCA reading test will increase from 66.5% in 2015 to 69.5% in 2017.
PLC Dates and Times
District "Ignite Learning" Day - October 19th
Another opportunity was also recently shared with you announcing our District Ignite Learning Day on October 19th. You may elect to build upon your current topic or work on something completely different. Up to you!
An Opportunity for Self-Directed Professional Development
8:00 am - 3:00 pm (one hour lunch on your own)
Collaborate with colleagues to explore one topic of interest in depth. You select your collaborative group! You select the topic of interest! Investigate, read, dialogue, explore, tinker. Learn.
Your collaborative group will explore a topic of interest to promote student growth in one of the following 6 C's of 21st Century Learning: Think Critically, Communicate Clearly, Work Collaboratively, Embrace Culture, Develop Creativity, or Utilize Connectivity.
Start thinking now about the topic you'll choose to explore!
More details to come.
Continued Professional Development
Bloodborne Pathogens - Please Complete
Teaching Staff- It is that time of year for the annual BBP course.
To begin use this link to Moodle, http://courseweb-2.buffalo.k12.mn.us .
· Login using username and password that you use for the network and email logins (upper-right hand corner).
· Scroll down to District and click once.
· Click on Blood Borne Pathogens
Once you are in, read the course instructions. Complete the quiz. At the end of the quiz, submit all and the results will show up on the screen.
Don't forget to log-off in the upper-right corner after completing the course! Let me know if you have questions.
If you have difficultly logging in please contact Marie Jacobs at X28212 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She is the keeper of the master roster!