Beverlly Hills Student / Parent Newsletter - November 2022
Parents and Students,
This school year is going by so fast. I cannot believe it is already November. Please continue to work hard and create a positive legacy in everything you do. I know each of you will be excited for the upcoming holidays. Please make sure to monitor your grades and continue to do your “Personal Best.” You are all wonderful students that work hard and continue to amaze me on a daily basis!
Mrs. Stacey Barber
School to Watch
PSAT FOR 8TH GRADE - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH
The PSAT 8/9 is the first exam in the College Board's "SAT Suite of Assessments" and is offered to eighth and ninth graders. The purpose of the PSAT 8/9 is to establish a starting point in terms of college and career readiness as students transition to high school. It's a way for students to practice for the PSAT10 the PSAT/NMSOT, and the SAT.
The test will be on Tuesday, November 15th. Make sure to bring your computer and charger.
Canned Food Drive
Canned Food Drive
· Bear Co will be collecting canned foods for the needy before Thanksgiving Break.
· During this time, students will be able to bring cans in to eliminate main detention days. Students may bring 2 cans or $1.00 to take one day of main detention away.
· All students and teachers are encouraged to participate in this wonderful way to give those ones in need.
· The1st period class that collects the most cans will win a donut party!
· If we collect 1000 cans, we will have a pajama and slippers day on Thursday, November 17th.
Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament
· Beverly Hills is a Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament Host Site. This is a huge high school basketball tournament that is hosted by the Pasadena Education Foundation.
· The students will have the opportunity to see some of the basketball games on Thursday, November 17th and Friday, November 18th.
· The students will be able to purchase tickets for $2.00 if they have all passing grades on their 2nd six weeks report card, clear of main detention, have not received ISC, GC, or suspension,and have less than 5 tardies to class or school during the 2nd six weeks..
We will have 5 games the students can attend. Tickets will be sold during lunches.
Thursday, November 17th: 9:00, 12:00, 1:30
Friday, November 18th: 12:00, 1:30
Veterans Day Breakfast
· Please join us for a breakfast reception to honor our current or former military friends and family
· Monday, November 7th 7:40-8:30am in the BHI Library.
· Please see the flier for more information.
3rd Six Weeks Incentive
The dance ticket will be $2.00 or 5 Bear Bucks. The ticket will include non-standardized dress plus slides for the day.
High School of Choice Applications and Information - CTHS / ECHS
ECHS and CTHS (8th grade Students)
The Dr. Kirk Lewis Career and Technical High School is a school of choice high school for students in grades 9-12 in the Pasadena Independent School District. Students from all PISD intermediate and high school campuses are welcome to apply to CTHS and select a career and technical education pathway from over twenty different program offerings. Many of these pathways provide the opportunity to earn an industry-recognized certification. Students from CTHS will be provided industry-standard training using industry-standard equipment in preparation for future career pathways. We strive to provide unique educational experiences for all students in order to prepare them for continuation into post high school education at both the college and university level, as well as outstanding training and preparation for those students selecting to enter the workforce directly upon high school graduation.
Early College High Schools provide students with a seamless pathway from high school to college. Students take college courses, along with their high school classes, which give them the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and an Associate Degree from San Jacinto College. In ECHS, students begin taking two college classes in ninth grade and progress by taking more college classes each year. By their senior year, most students are nearly finished with their high school requirements and are ready to focus on a full college schedule. Pasadena ISD ECHS is a school within a school model, which means that freshmen and sophomores take their college classes on the comprehensive high school campus, and juniors and seniors take classes at San Jacinto College.
Use this link to apply for the Career and Technical HS or the Early College HS. This is only for 8th graders.
BHI's Next Saturday School will be Saturday, December 10th.
Bus Routes for Saturday School
Spelling Bee - Sign Up
Important Dates This Month:
Monday, November 7th - 7:40 - 8:30 Veteran's Day Parent Event (Library)
Tuesday, November 8th - Student Holiday / Staff Development
Wednesday, November 9th - Senorita Conference
Thursday, November 10th - Caballeros Conference
6:00 "The Zombie Apocolypse" play in Ledford
Friday, November 11th - Report Cards
Tuesday, November 15th - PSAT for 8th grade
Picture Retake Day
Wednesday, November 16th - Schools to Watch Visit
Thursday, November 17th - Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament (Alternate Bell Schedule)
Friday, November 18th - Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament (Alternate Bell Schedule)
Tuesday, November 29th - Spelling Bee (MPR)
Tuesday, December 6th - Parent Luncheon (Gym)