The sand dunes on Moreton island and the desert on the island
- Moreton Island is home to massive sand dunes perfect for sand boarding or sand tobogganing.
- There are a number of places where this can be experienced including Little Sand Hills, Big Sand Hills, The Desert.
- Experience the thrill of a lifetime while flying down the sand dune on a waxed sand board.
The famous Lighthouse on Moreton island
- Due to the island's importance in navigating the northern passage into Moreton Bay and Brisbane, at least five lighthouses were constructed on the island, starting with Cape Moreton Light in 1857.
- the first lighthouse in Queensland, and followed by at least four more lighthouses established from the 1860s, at Comboyuro Point, North Point, Cowan Cowan Point and Yellow Patch.
- Comboyuro Point Light, Cowan Cowan Point Light and Yellow Patch Light all had to be moved from their original location due to coastal erosion.
The Freshwater Lakes on Moreton Island
- There are a few freshwater lakes on Moreton with Blue Lagoon being the largest and most easily accessible.
- Blue Lagoon was formed through the natural catchments of rainwater over thousands of years when the water table meets the ground surface.
- Its crystal clear blue water and white sand make it the perfect spot for a swim to cool off or to just sit back, relax and enjoy the serenity of this untouched paradise.
- A number of Perched lakes have also formed on the island over many years as a result of layers of sand trapping water.
- Some locals say that the lakes can even set back the aging process when you swim in them.
Location of main township and resort
- Tangalooma Island Resort presents another world away, only a 75-minute catamaran cruise from Brisbane. The resort is the perfect family holiday destination for guests seeking a unique adventure, educational or nature based experience - right on Brisbane’s doorstep.
- The population of people on Moreton island is 298 (as of 2011)
Bibliography for my sources
I use wiki,google images,instagrok and visitmoretonisland.com