2020-2021 April 10, 2021
From The Principal
Monday, April 12th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 PM
Monday, April 12th - Thursday, April 15th
- Willie's Collins Spirit Week
Wednesday, April 14th
- 5th Science Benchmark
Friday, April 16th
- Last day to claim lost in found items - unclaimed items will be donated Monday 4/19/21
Monday, April 19th - Friday, April 23rd
- Coin Drive - to benefit Senior Scholarship for former Collins Cobras
Tuesday, April 20th
- Incoming 5th Band Parent meeting 7:30 Zoom
Wednesday, April 21st
- Incoming 5th Orchestra Parent meeting 7:30 Zoom
Thursday, April 22nd
- Incoming 5th Parent Meeting 6:30 Webinar
Friday, April 23rd
- Grades are taken for Progress Reports for the final grading period
- Incoming 5th Parent Meeting 9:30 AM Webinar (repeat session)
Saturday, April 24th
- Band/Orchestra Solo & Ensemble contest at Collins Intermediate (All Day)
Thursday, April 29th
- Progress Report Email Reminder Sent Home - Check Parent Access Center for progress report grades
STAAR 2021 Testing Dates
Tuesday, May 11th 5th and 6th Math
Wednesday, May 12th 5th and 6th Reading
Thursday, May 13th 6th Science and 6th Make Up Testing
Friday, May 14th 5th and 6th Make Up Testing
Monday, May 17th 5th Math
Tuesday, May 18th 5th Reading
Wednesday, May 19th 5th Science
Thursday, May 20th 6th Math
Friday, May 21st 6th Reading
Mrs. McCure & Ms. Aymond Counselor Updates
The last day for library book check outs will be May 10. All books are due on May 14. Any lost books can be returned to Collins or paid for to clear your student’s account. If there are any questions, please email Mrs. Willingham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like donate to the Collins Library, please check out our Amazon wish list which is full of books and items that would help our students. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1U3SQ989M5OD1?ref_=wl_share
Collins School Supplies 2021-2022
Lost and Found Items
There are so many good looking jackets, hoodies, etc. in our Lost and Found!
Some were picked up just before Spring Break, but we still have plenty that need their owners! Please look at the 3 photos below to see if you recognize one (or two, or three!)
We would love these items to go back to their original owners by Friday, April 16th!
Items that are not picked up by then will be donated to a local charity so that they can find new owners!
Knox Course Verifications for 2021-2022 School Year
Thank you for a successful course registration. Please read below for details as we begin the next phase of the registration process.
Course Verification Sheet
- Course request verifications will be posted in Parent Access (PAC) Wednesday, April 7, 2021. Please login to Parent Access (PAC) to view your student’s course requests by clicking on Student Plans and then the Course Requests tab. We ask that you review the course requests with your student and verify that they are accurate.
- Please ensure that your child has listed three course alternates in their course selections in order of preference. Counselors will use this information to resolve scheduling conflicts. Students who do not list alternates will be placed in available classes and will not be able to make any changes.
Changes to the Course Verification Sheet
- If you find an error in the course requests or would like to make a change, please email your student’s school counselor the request and she will make the change in your student’s requests. The change should show up in your student’s SAC or PAC within 3 school days. Please see the list of counselors by alpha below.
April 7 - Course verification available in PAC
April 14 – Deadline to review course requests
April 21 - Course verification posted in PAC with changes
May 1st – Deadline for all changes to course requests. No more changes will be accepted after this date.
A-F - Mrs. Hollis - email@example.com
G-N - Mrs. Spencer - firstname.lastname@example.org
O-P - Mrs. Wheeler - email@example.com
Knox Jr. High School
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.