Weekly News: Week of 9/5/22
Message from the Principal
Dear Kimball Hill Parents,
As a reminder, there is no school on Monday, September 5th due to the holiday. Happy Labor Day and we hope you enjoy the extra day with your child(ren).
I wanted to give a big thank you to all of our parents for helping maintain a safe and efficient drop off and pick up. It is improving each day and we have gotten many compliments. As a reminder, School Street is designated as a drop off/pick up zone and we kindly ask that parents remain in their car or please park further down past the school. Once the updated signs arrive, it will be police enforced. We greatly appreciate everyone's cooperation!
As always, please feel free to reach out to me with questions or concerns. Have a wonderful weekend!
Kimball Hill Principal
- September 5th- No School: Labor Day
- September 12th- Safety Week
- September 16th- Picture Day
Picture Day for Kimball Hill Elementary School is scheduled for Friday, Sep 16.
Online ordering is available before and after Picture Day. Shipping and handling charges may apply to orders placed after Picture Day.
Picture Day Guide Website This event's Order Code is 69895VF.
Back to School Bash
On behalf of our PTA, they are so thankful for an amazing turnout!
Thanks to Kona Ice, Little Caesars, DJ Jules, Meijer and all the volunteers who helped make it all possible!!!
KH PTA & Staff appreciates all the support given so far this year!
Attached are some pictures.
Just a reminder- school begins at 8:25am. Those not in need of a breakfast should arrive to school closer to 8:20am. Doors will open for breakfast at 8:10am. If your child needs a breakfast, they can grab a breakfast bag between 8:10-8:20 am from the lunchroom. Students that arrive past 8:25am will receive a tardy pass.
Mon - Thurs
8:25 am - 3:05 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 am - 11:00 am
KDG PM: 12:30-3:05 pm
8:25 am - 2:15 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 - 10:35 am
KDG PM: 12:05 - 2:15 pm
LUNCH: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are in need of before school care, please call the main office for information for REC childcare through the RM Park, housed at Kimball Hill or you can call the RM Park District for assistance.
Support our PTA
Please support our school PTA and become a member! It is a great way to get involved! You can give as little or as much time as you have! Please email email@example.com for further information.
School Street Update
Student safety is always our highest priority at Kimball Hill School, so maintaining a safe drop-off and pick-up routine is essential. To support arrival and dismissal times, I have been in consultation with the City of Rolling Meadows and the Rolling Meadows Police Department. The following changes by School Street will occur as a result of these discussions:
- Old, incorrect signage will be replaced as soon as possible. New signage will include language that reflects current safety expectations.
- When possible, we will have additional police presence during arrival and dismissal time. This is a result of concerns that have been observed, including high rate of speed, verbal altercations, and drivers not adhering to posted traffic signs.
- School Street expectations will be clarified
- “Turn off your engine” sign will be removed.
- The north side of the street is a No Parking zone.
- The south side of the street (closest to the school) will be identified as a drop-off/pick-up zone, thus no parking. You must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Parking on School Street is permitted in various areas further down on School Street, beyond the school property if you would like to walk your child to the door. Please refer to traffic signs.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. When we all work together, our arrival and dismissal routines are safe and efficient. Below are our general procedures for front and side (School Street) drop off and pick up.
Arrival/Departure General Procedures:
Kimball Hill Bells:
1st Bell: 8:10 a.m. - Doors open for students who are in need of breakfast. We do recommend students arrive closer to the bell at 8:20 if they do NOT need a breakfast bag. Students can enter through the main entrance, door 10 by School Street and Door 8 by LRC.
2nd Bell: 8:25 a.m. - Classes will begin. At this time, all exterior doors are locked except for the main entrance. Students who arrive late (after 8:25 a.m.) must enter through the front door. Parents MUST sign them into the main office.
A.M. Procedures: During AM drop off times, the front parking lot is closed. We encourage all families to utilize our drop off procedure rather than “the park and walk in” method. Our drop off method is designed to build independence and confidence of our students, provide a safe experience and is the most efficient method for the high volume of vehicles dropping off students. If you need to park and come inside, please use street parking (further down from school property), follow street signs. You can drop off on School Street and students can use Door 10 by School Street for a more convenient entry. Again, please follow traffic signs. No child should be unsupervised on campus before school begins. The side staff parking lot (next to Jewel Osco) is reserved for buses and staff parking. The front parking lot is for staff only. Please do not park in these lots and we kindly ask that you do not move our school cones to drop off students or pick up students in these areas. Dismissal procedures will be provided from your child's teacher.
- If you use the semi-circle in front of school to drop off, all vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end. There will be one lane of traffic.
- Pull up as far as possible toward the stop sign to let out your child. Each child should get out of the car on the curb side. Parents should remain in their cars as this will help the line to flow and prevent congestion. Staff will be out front to help students get out of their cars and into the building each morning.
- Both A.M. and P.M. Kindergarten will be dropped off at the front of the building, as well. Staff will be there to receive these students and help them get to their classroom.
- If you are dropping off your child for the REC program around 8:10 a.m., please park in the parking lot—NOT the circle drive—and use the crosswalk to bring your child into the building.
- All vehicles using the front semi-circle should enter at the north end and exit at the south end; otherwise please feel free to use street parking.
- Please continue to pull all the way forward to allow for a continuous, safe flow of cars.
- Parents will need to remain in their car when their student(s) enters the vehicle.
- Staff will assist to ensure your child gets to your car safely.
- Please remind your child to enter the car on the side of the school, if possible.
- Feel free to display your child's name and teacher/grade in windshield.
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider using School Street to pick up or park along School Street (further down past school property, following street signs).
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow