Week of December 8th
News you can use....
BENCHMARKS ALL WEEK - No Specials classes, No PLCs
Emails for specific information that may pertain to you will be sent if needed
- Monday - December 8th (Grades 4-5) Reading Accommodations
- Tuesday - December 9th (Grade 3-5) Math Accommodations
GCS Reading Benchmark: Wednesday, December 10th (Grades 4-5 Regular ED)
GCS Math Benchmark: Thursday, December 11th (Grades 3-5 Regular ED)
GCS Math Benchmark Make-ups: Friday, December 12th (Grades 3-5)
- Classroom teachers will administer the reading and math benchmark on Wednesday and Thursday. We will not use proctors for this benchmark
- Remember that movement in our building is a minimal during testing.
- Sound travels so we require ALL classes to stay off playgrounds and out of the halls.
- We will make announcements daily to let you know the status of testing: Beginning and when Finished
- We all are working toward a common goal, so if you are asked to assist in any way please help with testing.
- Your attitude is magnified and duplicated through our children. Encourage our students to do their best at all times as YOU do your best.
Monday -Friday: mCLASS and AMC MOY continues in your classrooms
Wednesday 12/12: Staff Meeting @ 3pm
Tuesday - 12/16: Holiday Music Program @ 5:30pm
Wednesday - 12/17: Holiday Meal K-2 parents and friends
Thursday - 12/18: Cardinal of the Month Lunch
Friday - 12/19: Cardinals LAST DAY OF MOY
Friday - 12/19: Winter Break begins @ 3:00
Winter Music Program Practice
Our specials teachers will work together to host practice sessions. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, December 15 9:35-10:45 3rd & 2nd
- Tuesday, December 16 8:05-9:05 K & 1st
- Tuesday, December 16 10:05-11:15 4th & 5th
These would be regular specials times for 3rd, K, and 4th, and just adding on the other grade levels. Teachers not required to stay, Mrs. Wallace and Ms. Glenn will help.
Thank you Mrs. Stroupe and team!
FOOD ~ FUN ~ FELLOWSHIP
Box Tops Contest
Drum Roll please
If by chance your entry is selected as a winner you will receive 15 jeans passes to use for the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year!
Click here to enter. (The site allows one entry per day until Christmas)
Oh yeah you will need this...
FOREST HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Box Top ID: 146125
More on Box Tops $$$
Dear Teachers and Faculty,
Our school can now earn lots of Box Tops (no clipping necessary!) from purchases we are already making with Hanes! We can earn Box Tops for every printed shirt we buy—for school and local sports teams, for spiritwear, for school and community events, for school and community clubs and organizations. You can see how this can add up in Box Tops for the school!
Do you know someone with a team or business that is ordering shirts?
Request for them to ask for Hanes when they order printed shirts from your favorite supplier. Then, just complete the redemption form available at www.Hanes4eduction.com and submit along with your order invoice. With eBox Tops, the Box Tops will be electronically credited to our school account.
We all know that dollars raised from Box Tops are important to our school. So order Hanes. Earn Box Tops!
Additional program details are available at www.Hanes4Education.com.
Get your family and local organizations busy earning for Forest Heights. See me or Leah if you need help getting the forms. I have some flyers to give the person ordering to make it easy.
Take a look at what we will do:
Announcements on delayed openings and/or the closing of school are made via GCS Channel 21, email to Principals and District Leadership Team, major radio and television stations in the area, the Parentlink Notify phone system, the GCS Website and mobile app.
2. If a delay of opening is announced, school and district employees should arrive at their normal work time unless road conditions and/or child care issues prevent them from safely being at work at the normal time. Staff will notify me by email or phone if something prevents their on time arrival. You will be given the opportunity to make up the time within the pay period.
It is important to listen for communicate to staff and parents on when our facility will open to receive staff or students—our opening will be close to the normal time (as safety dictates).
3. If school is closed for students and teachers, other employees should be given the opportunity to work. Email is my selected procedure for communicating with non-teaching personnel, as you will need to know who plans to come to work.
Non-teaching employees who do not work on a day school is closed for students and teachers should be given the option of making up the day or taking annual leave. See the Board Policy below.
4. If school is closed for students and we have an optional teacher workday, I will work with employees should the employee determine conditions are not safe to report to work or if the employee reports to work late. See #3 above and Board Policy below.
5. Please refer to the GCS school calendar for specific inclement weather make-up days.
6. The following are reminders: Please understand that the custodians are in charge of clearing sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. Please use extra caution particularly in shady areas as they may or may not have made it to work to clear the areas when you arrive. Be careful at all times.
Hopefully this information will assist you as we enter the winter season. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Pinnacle XX Applications Now Available (Roxie Miller)
Pinnacle XX applications are available. The application deadline is January 5, 2015 @ 5:00 PM. All applications should be shared through Google Drive. Directions for completion are contained within the application.
Applicants should make a copy of the application. This copy is VIEW ONLY.
Save the "DATA"
As for teachers and staff, TSS will also apply quotas of 1GB to be shared between home directories, T, and S drives. Look for this process to start in January. Over the next couple of months please be reminded to begin cleaning up old files and folders and uploading necessary documents to Google. TSS will inform each school a week ahead of time before quotas take effect.