Week 5 - September 21, 2014
22 Ways Teachers and Students Really Aren't All That Different After All
One of you assigns the homework, the other completes it. But that doesn't mean you don't both enjoy recess and pizza Fridays.
- You like assemblies.
- You're excited when lunch comes with a cookie.
- You struggle with homework sometimes.
- There are NEVER. ENOUGH. PENCILS.
- You have trouble remembering the new kid's name.
- You love it when someone brings in birthday treats.
- You wear a new outfit on the first day of school.
- When you bring home the class pet, you hope you don't accidentally kill it.
- You like bus rides better when the driver plays music.
- You like to sit with your friends at lunch.
- You want to win the Halloween costume contest.
- Neither of you are allowed to text in class.
- You hope you look good in the class picture.
- You call each other by your last names.
- You're a little intimidated by the principal.
- You hope other students give you a cool nickname.
- When you're new, the first thing you want to see is your classroom.
- Sometimes you stay after school for clubs and sports.
- In yearbook photos, you'll both look back and wonder, What was I wearing?!
- You get nervous about standardized tests.
- Sometimes you run in the halls, rebel.
- You bring a sack lunch on field trips.
Did you know....September is the month to Recognize our Custodial and Maintenance Staff! Tell them thank you for all they do!
American Indian Heritage Day - Sept. 26
According to EHBK (Legal):
The last Friday in September is in recognition of the historic, cultural, and social contributions American Indian communities and leaders have made to Texas. American Indian Heritage Day shall be regularly observed by appropriate ceremonies, activites, and programs in public schools to honor American Indians in Texas and to celebrate the rich traditional and contemporary American Indian culture. Gov't Code 662.056
This year the date will be Friday, September 26th. How will your class observe this special day?
APEX Fun Run Assembly
Tuesday, Sep. 23rd, 2pm
8:15 - 9:00 - 4th Grade
9:05 - 9:50 - 1st grade
9:55 - 10:40 - 2nd Grade
10:45 - 11:30 - 3rd Grade
11:35 - 12:20 - Co-Curr Planning Time
12:20 - 12:50 - Co-Curr Lunch
12:55 - 1:40 - Kinder
* All teachers on duty in assembly. Please remember to leave an aisle in the middle of the students. Teachers should be sitting among students to assist with behavior control.
October 3 - Early Release/Parent Conference Day
A visit from Brandy Garcia - KISD Elementary Literacy Coach
Heidi Noble - Resource aide
Michele Hernandez - Office aide
We are glad you are here!!!!
This Week at Ridgeview
* Becky out mid-day
* APEX Fun Run Teacher Huddle - 3:30, Cafeteria (Bring your Teacher Playbook)
Tuesday, Sept. 23
* Becky out all day
* Jacque out AM
* APEX Fun Run Assembly - 2:00, Cafeteria
* K-2 Progress Monitoring training - 3:30 - 4:30
*WatchDOGS Kick-off event - 5:30, Cafeteria
Wednesday, Sept. 24
* Special guests here to do walkthroughs - 1:00 - 2:30
* 3rd/4th AIMSWeb Progress Monitoring training - 3:30 - 4:30
Thursday, Sept. 25
* Faculty Meeting - PBIS - 3:30, Cafeteria
Friday, Sept. 26
* Jacque out all day
* Deb out all day
* Brandy Garcia to meet with all grade levels during planing times