OPA Libraries Newsletter
August & September 2020
Elementary Library Adaptations
The elementary librarians have been implementing new safety protocols:
- Meeting outside or in the classroom instead of the library
- Quarantining returned books for 7 days
- Strict cleaning & social distancing measures.
Classes meet in person one week and then are sent a virtual lesson the next week.
Students can check out four books.
Lessons so far have included Back to School & Hispanic Heritage Month.
Hispanic Heritage Month
Jr. High Library Adaptations
- Students check books out from library book carts in the classroom or in limited numbers before and after school to maintain social distancing.
- Students can check out three books.
- Books are quarantined for a week before reshelving.
- Library information has turned digital with a Library Canvas course, Google classroom (code is jsiv5yn ), and Virtual Book Club.