Beadle News Beat
May 13, 2022 - Edition 21.36
BEADLE’S MISSION STATEMENT
Beadle Middle School, a community where each individual is a teacher and a learner, guarantees students will achieve their maximum growth academically, socially, and emotionally. We will meet the unique needs of each student in a collaborative environment using effective and innovative strategies to engage and challenge all students.
Dr. Jim Sutfin - Superintendent of Millard Public Schools
Millard Public Schools 2022 Board of Education Members
Stacy Jolley – President; Linda Poole – Vice President; Mike Kennedy – Secretary
Mike Pate – Treasurer; Amanda McGill Johnson and Dave Anderson – Board Members
8 Grade Farewell and Honors
All eighth grade students their family are invited to the Eighth Grade Farewell and Honors Night on Tuesday, May 17 at 7:00 pm. The Honor’s Celebration will be held at Millard West High School. All students will be recognized for their academic, extracurricular involvement, and/or athletic accomplishments. Everyone is invited for cookies afterwards. We ask that students wear dresses, skirts or dress pants for this special occasion. Please no jeans, shorts, or t-shirts as we want to make this evening memorable for all.
Young Orchestra Festival
The Beadle Chamber Orchestra will perform at the Young Orchestra Festival at Millard South High School on Saturday, May 14 from 8:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Show Choir Auditions
Show Choir auditions for next school year will be held from May 16 to May 20. See Mr. Engstrom in the choir room for details if you are interested.
Spring Fling Dance
- Buy your tickets for $5 before school from May 16 to 19. You can also purchase a ticket at the event for $6.
May 16 to 20
Monday, May 16
Tuesday, May 17
- 3:00 - 4:00 Pride Club, room B122
- 7:00 Eighth Grade Honors Night @ Millard West
Wednesday, May 18
3:00 - 4:00 Girls Track Sweats Check-in and End of Season Party, room B104
Thursday, May 19
3:00 - 3:30 Wits Clash and Knowledge Masters, room B128
3:30 - 5:00 Spring Fling Dance
Friday, May 20
- Yearbooks handed out during Bulldog Block
End of the School Year Reminders
The last day of school is Thursday, May 26 and will be a half day of school from 7:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Please have all students picked up by 11:30 a.m. Breakfast cereal will be served before school, but there will be no lunch served this day.
Lost and Found
- All Lost and Found not claimed by the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
- Yearbooks will be handed out during Bulldog Block on Friday, May 20. All fines and owed lunch money must be paid in order for students to receive their Yearbook on time. You may purchase a Yearbook for $33.00 with cash or check in the office or online with a credit card through ParentVUE under the Fees Tab, then click Pay Fees. Not sure if you ordered a Yearbook - Call the Beadle Office or email Mrs. Griebel at email@example.com
Pick up your Prescriptions from the Health Room
- If your child has any prescription medicine at school, the medicine will need to be picked up by an adult on or by Thursday, May 26 at 3:00 p.m. According to district policy, these prescription medicines cannot be given to your child to take home. However, non-prescription medication will be sent home with your child. Please watch for these. The school nurse will dispose of any medication left at school on the last day of school. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Brown, school nurse, at 402-715-6105.
- The end of the school year is quickly approaching so we are asking that you please check your home for library books, magazines or other materials that you have checked out and get them returned as soon as possible.
- All owed lunch money must be paid in order for students to receive their Yearbook on time. Lunch Money can be paid in the lunch room or online through http://MySchoolBucks.com
- Fines can be paid in the office with cash or check or online through ParentVue under the Fees Tab.
Millard West Sports Information
Information for students wanting to play sports at Millard West High School. See Mrs. Little if you cannot the meeting or have questions.
- Meeting on Tuesday, May 17 in room C118 from 3:00 to 3:20. Coach Spear will be here to talk about summer opportunities. This is open to all grade levels.
- Meeting on Wednesday, May 18 at Millard West at 3:45 to 4:15. for all students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- Meeting on Thursday, May 19 at 3:00 in room A122.
- Meeting with Coach Peterson on Friday, May 20 at 7:20 am in the Beadle library. There is also information under the MWHS Summer Camps for the summer lifting program.
- Meeting on Friday, May 20 at 3:00 in C118.
- Any eighth grade girls interested in playing soccer for Millard West in the spring of 2023 should email Coach Tevis at firstname.lastname@example.org to get information about summer opportunities or see Mrs. Little.
From the Health Room
2022 - 2023 Seventh Grade Physicals
Nebraska law requires every seventh grade student to have either a doctor's physical or waiver signed by a parent/guardian before entering seventh grade in August. Seventh grade physicals must be dated within 6 months prior to the first day of school. If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Brown, Beadle nurse, at (402) 715-6105 or email@example.com.
2022 – 2022 Sports Physicals
Seventh and eighth grade students planning to participate in sports through BMS, are required to have a physical and it must be dated after May 1. For questions regarding sports physicals and paperwork, please contact Tassie Little, Beadle Athletic Director, at (402) 715-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Millard Summer School and Summer Camps
Millard Summer School
- The middle school sessions will be held at Millard Beadle Middle School. Current eighth grade students interested in summer school will attend sessions at Millard West High School. For more information go to: http://www.mpsomaha.org/curriculum/summer-school
Summer Camps at Millard West High School
- For information go to: Summer Camps @ Millard West High School
*** All boys interested in playing football for Millard West in High School need to attend a meeting with Coach Peterson on Friday, May 20 at 7:20 am in the Beadle library. There is also information under the MWHS Summer Camps for the summer lifting program.
***Any current 8th grade girl interested in playing soccer at Millard West in the spring of 2023 should email Coach Tevis at email@example.com to get information about summer opportunities.
Summer Camps and Clinics at Millard North High School
- For information go to: Summer Camps @ Millard North High School
Summer Camps and Clinics at Millard South High
- For information go to: Summer Camps at Millard South High School