Maple Grove Parent Newsletter
March 8, 2018
Super U Challenge Comes to Maple Grove
Learning - Fun - and SLIME!
Super Hero Costumes
Students put on their Super U costumes
Scoop the Slime
Brave students had a bucket of slime filled on their head!
Slippery Slithering Relay
Two teams of students take a bow after passing slippery, slithery balloons.
Super U Costume Videos
Fishing for Trust
Slime on Your Head
Spring Concert & Art Show - March 16th!
Maple Grove's spring concert is Friday, March 16th in the school gym.
· K5, 1st and 2nd grade: 9:30 am
o K5 and 1st grade will perform together. Their part of the concert is based on the fable “The Lion and the Mouse.”
o 2nd graders will add music to the fable “The Tortoise and the Hare.”
· Chorus and 3rd – 5th Grade: 1:30 pm – “The Rhythm of Life”
· K5 through 5th grade (except for chorus): Students should wear nice dress clothes.
· Chorus: Maple Grove Chorus attire (dark colored pants and our chorus t-shirt)
Along with the spring music concert, there will be a student art show displaying the wonderful artistic talent from our blooming artists at Maple Grove. We hope to see you March 16th. As always, thank you for your continued support of the arts at Maple Grove.
Parking for the Concert
To help keep our building safe, all concert guests should use our main doors and enter through the rotunda.
Thank you in advance and enjoy the concert!
RC-Kids at Maple Grove
Olympic hopeful visits Maple Grove!
Our 5th graders have been learning about the National Dairy Industry in their argument reading unit. Marvin Kimble’s Got Milk ads and commercials were shared with the kids as they learned about raising new questions and ideas in their non-fiction reading.
One of our area’s own Team USA 2020 Olympic hopeful members, Marvin Kimble, came to Maple Grove on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. He talked to the kids about the importance of reading, hard work, and showed them many skills he has learned. He then read them a Dr. Seuss book, Oh, The Places You Will Go, in honor of our Dr. Seuss week at school.
Coin Drive: March 12-16th!
Maple Grove is having our annual coin drive the week of March 12-16th. The first $500 will be donated to the Wisconsin Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Any money after the first $500 raised will go toward our “Wish List” here at Maple Grove. There is a penny collecting box to build for the students to use for collecting “at home.” Look for this coming home today!
Each class will be competing against each other to raise the most “points” and there will be a prize for the top class! The class that has the most points will get a Pizza Party!
The rules are:
- Each class will receive 1 point for each penny and 100 points for each paper dollar.
- Each class will receive negative points (subtracted) out of their point total for silver coins according to their value (nickels -5, dimes -10 points, quarters -25 points).
- The goal is to gain the most points by adding paper money and pennies to your class’ jar and “sabotaging” the leading classes so that they fall behind and your class can jump ahead of them.
- The class with the most points at the end of the drive (Friday March 16th) will win the prizes: 1st place (pizza party & extra recess), 2nd place (popsicle party & extra recess, 3rd place (extra recess)
The coin collection jars will be held in the atrium every morning for the week and the money can be deposited before school until 8:45. The students will be able to see the money in the jars grow (or shrink with silver coins).
Thanks for Your Support,
2017-18 Maple Grove Student Council
Box Top Competition Winners
- 1st place: Mrs. Lockett's 2nd grade class. They won a Pizza Party!
- 2nd place: Mrs. Gross' 3rd grade class. They won a movie/popcorn party!
- 3rd place: Mrs. Pokrzewinski's K5 class. They won Popsicles for their class!
Kindergarten Open House
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Greenfield Community Center, 7215 W. Coldspring Rd.
Your child is getting ready for Kindergarten and we want to help make that transition as smooth as possible for you and your child. Join us anytime between 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM at the Greenfield Community Center to learn more about reading, writing, and math in a Kindergarten classroom. Kindergarten teachers and district staff will be there to answer questions and share ideas for fun learning activities at home. The whole family is welcome to attend.
Click on the below form to register!
Mark your calendar
3/9 - 3rd grade field trip to Discovery World, 9 am - 2 pm
3/12-3/16 - COIN DRIVE
3/14 - Girls on the Run (GOTR) Parent Meeting, 3:30, Hawk House
3/16 - Spring Concert & Art Show, 9:30 for K5-2, 1:30 for 3-5
3/21 - STP meeting, 6:45, Learning Commons
3/22 - Report cards come home
3/28 - 5th grade field trip to JA Biztown, 9 am - 2:30 pm
3/30-4/8 - Spring Break - NO SCHOOL