Meet the Chromebook!
Rolling out Chromebooks to BISD Students
What is a Chromebook?!
Chromebook DOs and DON'Ts
- No food or drink should be next to Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, and labels.
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of Chromebooks.
- Always carry Chromebooks with TWO HANDS!
- Never lift Chromebooks by the screen or carry Chromebooks with the screen open.
- Do not put pressure on the top of a Chromebook when it is closed.
- Make sure there is nothing on the keyboard before closing the lid.
- Only clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.
Logging into the Chromebook
email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
password - studentIDinitials
- ex: 12345jrj
You will be prompted to choose an avatar or you can use the Chromebook webcam to take a picture of yourself. Just know that others who login after you may see that picture!
When you login for the first time, you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the agreement, type in the security letters (to make sure you're not a robot!) and accept the terms of the agreement (that you understand BISD can see everything you do!).
Logging out of the Chromebook
- Click on your icon in the bottom right corner and go to Sign Out.
- If you want to remove your profile from the Chromebook, click the X by your icon.
- Click Shut down in the bottom left corner.
- Gently close the lid and follow your teacher's instructions for storing the Chromebooks.