It's 10th Grade Scheduling Time!
A look at the course options at Crestwood Secondary Campus
Current Sophomores are now scheduling your Junior level courses for 2019-2020
- 1 English course - English III or English Lit AP
- 1 Social Studies course - Western Civ or US History AP
- 1 Math course - see options below
- 1 Science course - see options below
- 2 Electives - See the descriptions below!
Here's a .pdf of the scheduling sheet if you would like to print it.
- English III
- English III Honors
- English LIT - AP
(English III Honors and English LIT AP include required summer readings)
Descriptions and course requirements start on page 19 in the Course Selection Guide available below.
Mathematics Course Options
- Essential Geometry
- Trigonometry & Elementary Functions
- Algebra III & Trigonometry
Descriptions and course requirements start on page 26 in the Course Selection Guide available below.
Science Course Options
- Biology II
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry II
- Environmental Science
- Physics AP I
Descriptions and course requirements start on page 29 in the Course Selection Guide available below.
Social Studies Education
- Western Civilizations
- US History - AP
- Current Issues
Descriptions and course requirements start on page 24 in the Course Selection Guide available below.
World Language Education
- French III
- French - AP
- Spanish III
- Spanish - AP
Descriptions and course requirements start on page 22 in the Course Selection Guide available below.
Wilkes-Barre Career Technical Center
Students enrolled at the W-B Area Career & Technical Center in grades 10-12 will earn 25 credits due to mathematics and arts/humanities credits incorporated in the Vocational-Technical curriculum. Enrollment for all three years in grades 10, 11 and 12 is required to earn full credit. The subject area credits apply with these exceptions:
- Three credits in Social Studies: World Cultures I and II, and American Cultures.
- Three credits in Science: Physical Science, Biology, Applied Science Chemistry, and Applied Science Physics.
- Three credits in Mathematics
See page 14 in the Course Selection Guide available below
- Monday - March 4 - Guidance counselors meeting with 10th grade students during Civics classes to distribute scheduling sheets - all students hear presentations about elective options during Comet Time.
- Thursday - March 7 - 10th grade students choose course options on-line during English classes. Parents must sign the top of the course selection form and return to their teacher so students can complete the on-line scheduling process.
STUDENTS FINALIZED SCHEDULE WILL BE LIVE ON SKYWARD MID-AUG 2019
Considering Early College?
Early college students may schedule ELECTIVES at Luzerne County Community College that are not offered at Crestwood High School. Early College students may not schedule core courses like English or Social Studies or electives that are currently offered on our secondary campus.
A parent informational meeting will be held Monday March 11, 2019 at 6:00 PM for more details.