Say no to Tobacco, say no to drugs. Keep a healthy life.
You don't have to quit, if you never start.
We all know that drugs and tobacco can become addictive almost instantly, but we also know that they BOTH can affect our bodies and our lifes immediately .
Tobacco, why is it so bad?
Tobbaco.- A plant whose leaves are made to make cigarretes and chewing tobacco.
Well, for one, smoking can make you lose your voice and chewing tobacco can cause leukoplakia, which is a disease in which leathery-white patches to grow on the gums, but there is probably many more consequences to smoking than chewing tobacco that are MUCH more serious and/or dangerous. Let me just tell you about some of the diseases you can get overtime by smoking tobacco.
- Atherosclerosis.- A disease in which the arteries harden; can lead to a heart attack or stroke
- Bronchitis.- The swelling of the breathing tubes in the lungs, also called bronchi, which can cause coughing and/or soreness
- Emphysema.- Illness in the lungs; causes air sacs to expand and lose their elasticity
- Cancer.- Serious disease that causes the body's cells to mutate and grow out of control; often deadly
Wait a minute... so cigarettes contain... these?!
- Acetone.- Nail polish remover
- Ammonia.- Household cleaner
- Arsenic.- Used to harden bullets and rat poison
- Butane.- Gas; used in lighter fluid
- Carbon Monoxide.- A poisonous gas
- Cadmiun.- Used in batteries
- Cresol.- Used to make bombs
- Cyanide.- Deadly poison; used in making chemical weapons
- DDT.- A banned insecticide
- Lead.-Heavy metal; used to make plumbing and other pipes; very poisonous in high doses
- Formaldehyde.- Used to preserve a dead's body
- Polonium.- Radioactive; very deadly
- Vinyl Chloride.- Used in making PVC pipes; is known to cause cancer
Drugs, but ... they do it... why can't I?
Drugs are most common among teenagers and young adults. But is there really anything 'cool' about slowly killing yourself with each pill you take, each liquid you inject, every poison you inhale or anything you smoke? Would you be able to live knowing that the next pill you take might also be the one that leads you to your death? I don't think you would want to even think about that.
If you've ever heard of drugs, you've probably heard of the most common ones like cocaine and steroids, or the most popular-- marijuana. But that is not how drugs are classified, they are separated into groups, put together with other drugs that have similar effects.
Stimulants.- They speed up the Central Nervous System; causes heart rate and breathing to speed up; can make people become very paranoid; also known as 'uppers.'
- Diet Pills
- Paint thinner
- Cleaning Fluids
- Cooking sprays
- Morphine (Legal)
- Heroin (Illegal)
- Demoral (Legal)
- Magic Mushrooms