This is the location of our school campus on a map of the USA.
A little bit of history
The University of Notre Dame was started on the chilly night of November 26, 1842, when a 18 year old French priest named Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C and seven of his companions. They were all members of the recently established Congregation of the Holy Cross. They had taken possession of 524 snowed-over acres given to them by the Bishop of Vincennes in the Indiana mission fields. Father Sorin named his new school in honor of Our Lady in his native language. “L’Université de Notre Dame du Lac” (The University of Our Lady of the Lake.) On January 15, 1844 the University was officially charted by the Indiana legislature. In April of 1879 a devastating fire destroyed the entire building. Mr. Sorin hired 300 workers in the summer and rebuilt it all to the structure that still stands today, topped by a Golden Dome.