Ohlone Family Connection
This is an emotional time. The stakes are high. We love Ohlone. This is not an easy decision. Please remember that you are part of the Ohlone family, no matter which path you choose. You are ours! As an Ohlone family, you will continue to receive the Ohlone Family Connection, the Ohlone eNews, and messages about school and community events. Above all else, we are a strong, caring, and compassionate school community. We will get through this together. I will keep you updated as soon as I have information to share about placement and teacher assignments. As you can imagine, there are many details to work out internally. Thank you for your grace and patience. I have truly appreciated your kind words of support for our staff. Love you guys!
We are ecstatic to welcome Room 19 students back to school on October 5th. Hanna's class will be our first group of students on campus and we couldn't be more excited! Our staff has been busy with tasks in preparing for K/1's arrival on October 12th as well. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's smiling eyes!
As a reminder, there is definitely school on Friday! See Fun Friday link below. The link is also posted on Coach Bobby's Schoology page for students to access independently.
Take care and stay well.
Highlights from the 9/29/20 PAUSD Board Meeting
- There was a 5-0 vote to approve the reopening plan that was presented by the district.
- There were two amendments:
- The district shall convene a collaborative committee of district staff and teachers so that teachers can provide feedback on reopening plans.
- Site safety plans must be clearly communicated.
- It was also decided that families who do not submit a survey by the deadline will automatically be enrolled in the DL program (K/1 was due at 5:00pm today).
- The Board will decide in January whether or not to provide an additional option to switch programs at that time.
Hybrid K/1 Families
FDL & Mandarin Immersion
I know many of us are hopeful for Ohlone multiage full distance learning classes with Ohlone teachers. The current plan is that students requesting full distance learning will join a single-grade class in the current FDL program. The FDL class may or may not be taught by an Ohlone teacher and it will not be multiage. Staffing is complicated and encompasses teachers across all 12 elementary schools. Should plans change for Ohlone, you will be the first to know :).
I will be in touch with K/1 Mandarin Immersion families as soon as I have a chance to review the survey data and determine next steps with K/1 MI teachers. Thank you for your patience with this next transition.